Thread: XB 21 Elite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

XB 21 Elite

This boat is one of the top two I’m considering when I buy new. There isn’t a boat without one or two things that someone doesn’t like about it and this one is no exception so I thought I would ask about a couple of things and how you feel or deal with it. My number one complaint about it is passenger rod storage. I fish team deals but never two up front and my partner keeps his rods in the back as normal. How does one stack 6 to 8 rods on the passenger rod ramp or storage or whatever you call it in this boat and keep them tied down while running? Can you get a remote drain plug installed? The factory one is way to low for me to get that low to get it out. Granted I only pull the plug when traveling while it’s raining. The livewell looks small and could be an illusion but how well does it work? Is there a livewell pump out? Or an option to install it? Thanks in advanced for the answers.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

2. Member
    Mine is a 2022 XB21 BasSport Pro Elite model. I fish team events exclusively, rarely ever solo.

1. I added a retractable rod strap into the passenger rod tray that absolutely "solved" the issue for my partners rods. My partner typically brings 5-8 rods and the strap allows him to stack them in the tray and even lay a couple on top of the others and strap them down. I've ran 90+mph several times and his rods do not move. It should come from the factory this way.

See this thread I posted pics https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1201452

2. The livewell is large and I've never had a fish die in this one or my 2010 I previously owned and I live in the deep south. My current boat has a livewell pump out using the flow rite valve on the recirc plumbing. Push the red handle in for recirc or pull it out for pump out.

3. I'm using a manual drain plug, no info to share on the remote plug. The manual is a pain to put it and take out due to how recessed the hole is under the boat.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    Thank you joe
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Rear rod storage is lacking----I replaced factory strap with a longer one so you can put the 2 facing forward in tubes and 3 facing aft. just be careful when opening rear compartment.
    The live well is plenty big with divider removed. I either fish alone or team tournaments so removing the divider was an easy choice. Have had a 34 pound stringer in mine.
    Would love to install a remote drain as we all know how hard this one is to reach. However there was a guy who did it on an older model and claimed it was real PIA.
    This is my third Allison and I'll never own another brand. There is some give and take but I'll take the ride, speed, agility, fit & finish over the rear storage issue and the drain plug.
    Did I mention how much better fuel economy this thing gets ?
    Whatever you choose -- good luck.

5. Member
    Ok thanks Mike.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

6. Member
    Mike what does your boat run top end?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

True tournament load at lower elevation I'm setup to run mid to upper 80's
    Thats a good 10mph faster than my average competitor.
    With that said Tim has had more than one rig with same mtr to 93.

8. Member
    Ok. Thank you
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

9. Member
    When JoeAlly says he lives in the deep south he aint joking, I have been there and if the fish dont die in that livewell with the sweltering heat and humidity you wont have any issues, Tim Powell is The Man you need to buy the boat from, it will be setup perfect.

10. Member
    I talked to him the other day. I might run up to Knoxville today and go check out the boat he has there.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

11. Member
    Went today and met Tim and his guys that were there. Saw the boat. Looked at everything I needed to. Didn’t get in it and didn’t ask. I could see the things I needed to. Some things about the boat I expected and a few I didn’t. Tim and his guys were very accommodating, answered every question and even kept my old lady entertained while I did what I needed to do. I’m going to buy one. Just have to figure what all I want but I’m going to get one. I’m still not sold on the aquatraction floor stuff. I need to study that and the standard carpet.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Tim is the best if you go Allison. Go with the aqua traction, or sea deck, or raw fiberglass, the carpet is one of the the few Allison negatives for me.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Went today and met Tim and his guys that were there. Saw the boat. Looked at everything I needed to. Didn’t get in it and didn’t ask. I could see the things I needed to. Some things about the boat I expected and a few I didn’t. Tim and his guys were very accommodating, answered every question and even kept my old lady entertained while I did what I needed to do. I’m going to buy one. Just have to figure what all I want but I’m going to get one. I’m still not sold on the aquatraction floor stuff. I need to study that and the standard carpet.
    That's me- time will tell- I still have my doubts about it's life and durability especially under hard use.
    I will admit Allison uses some light wt carpet.

14. Member
    Ok thanks guys for letting me know about the carpet. That helps make my decision
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Ok thanks guys for letting me know about the carpet. That helps make my decision

Tim gets most of his boats unfinished as in no carpet or anything and he does the aqua traction himself. I’m not totally sold on it yet myself, I’ve seen where some was hit to close with a pressure washer and rip it. The good thing about it is you replace a piece at a time if it gets messed up instead of trying to recarpet and it not being an exact match.

16. Member
    I asked Tim about that same thing, if one piece gets tore up you can just order the rod locker piece ( for example ) and he said of course. So that’s one plus about it is you can replace just one piece when you need to.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

I've done the same with carpet.

18. Member
    I just had Tim replace my carpet with aquatraction. In my opinion, the allison carpet was my only complaint with these boats. It would catch the velcro from my trolling motor strap and actually fray apart when I would pull off the velcro. The aquatraction seems like it should hold up well when you actually put your hands on it and feel it. Seems much more resilient than seadek.

FB_IMG_1679761236132.jpg

19. Member
    Ok mike that’s good to know also
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

20. Member
    Hoss I of course saw your boat on Facebook when Tim posted it. But I still want to know what happens when a treble hook gets into it and how easy it cleans.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast