Mega 360 slows down

Anyone else notice your Mega 360 rotation speed slowing down when you have Live running?

No
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yes, I have that on my Apex units. I use Mega Live and Mega 360 while trolling and have Chart Speed at 10 and Mega 360 at 6 (the top speed for both). Both slow down when Mega Live is pinging... Especially if the Mega Live Interferernce Rejection is turned on. It slows down even more when you move from an Interference Rejection setting of 1 to 2 and to 3. I'm sure this is due to the ping management happening by the Interference Rejection setting to prevent Crosstalk.

I have reported this to Humminbird but don't have anything concrete to report yet.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Yes, I have that on my Apex units. I use Mega Live and Mega 360 while trolling and have Chart Speed at 10 and Mega 360 at 6 (the top speed for both). Both slow down when Mega Live is pinging... Especially if the Mega Live Interferernce Rejection is turned on. It slows down even more when you move from an Interference Rejection setting of 1 to 2 and to 3. I'm sure this is due to the ping management happening by the Interference Rejection setting to prevent Crosstalk.

I have reported this to Humminbird but don't have anything concrete to report yet.
    Thank you

5. Member
    SLYDoggie, is the slowdown due to the recent upgrade? I upgraded all units and Live, but it will be a while before I can hit the water here in Indiana due to the winds we have been having with all these fronts blasting thru.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    SLYDoggie, is the slowdown due to the recent upgrade? I upgraded all units and Live, but it will be a while before I can hit the water here in Indiana due to the winds we have been having with all these fronts blasting thru.
    That’s when I noticed it on mine but may of been doing it before.

7. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    The slowdown was the same on the previous software. No better or worse with the new software.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

8. Member
    Thx!