Thread: Open Water

Open Water

Anyone else hearing any reports of open water? I’m hearing Manawa is nearly 100% open.

2. Member
    This is a small pond in sw Iowa tonight after work. It will freeze back over it the next few days. But I’m thinking I’ll be on the water 2/26 possibly!! It is very close!!
    36F83548-F197-487A-9DBE-CE10460D7990.jpeg

3. Member
    Looked like manawa had alot of open water today

4. Member
    I made a quick scouting run after work tonight and all the farm ponds are open that I saw. Lake icaria is open. The lake by Corning is open. Viking is still 100% ice covered. I’m guessing everything will be skimmed over by Saturday with the big cold front coming later this week. Sunday is nicer but I’m not sure that will be a long enough warming trend to open things up. Wish I didn’t have to work but that’s how it is for a working man Lol. I’ll be out ASAP!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    I made a quick scouting run after work tonight and all the farm ponds are open that I saw. Lake icaria is open. The lake by Corning is open. Viking is still 100% ice covered. I’m guessing everything will be skimmed over by Saturday with the big cold front coming later this week. Sunday is nicer but I’m not sure that will be a long enough warming trend to open things up. Wish I didn’t have to work but that’s how it is for a working man Lol. I’ll be out ASAP!!
    Very much appreciate your report. Thank you! In the same boat here, first chance I get at open water when I’m not working, I’m there

6. Member
    i went by prairie queen yesterday and it was open except for a little bit of ice out in the middle