Question for the suppressor guys

Is there a good one size fits all or mainly 17 to 223 option? Would one that works on the 223 perform equally well on a 22? Thoughts, experiences, or suggestions?
    Asking for a friend!
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

A .223 (5.56) can will work for the caliber range you mention. The only thing I think you need to be cognizant about is cleaning the suppressor. Rimfire ammo will shoot much dirtier than most centerfire ammo. Especially using exposed lead bullets like in the majority of bulk .22 LR ammo. That’s why most dedicated rimfire cans can be disassembled for cleaning. Not many centerfire cans are user serviceable.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    A .223 (5.56) can will work for the caliber range you mention. The only thing I think you need to be cognizant about is cleaning the suppressor. Rimfire ammo will shoot much dirtier than most centerfire ammo. Especially using exposed lead bullets like in the majority of bulk .22 LR ammo. That’s why most dedicated rimfire cans can be disassembled for cleaning. Not many centerfire cans are user serviceable.
    I didn’t think about the cleaning aspect of it, thanks for the info.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

There are plenty of serviceable options but a 22 can will be half the weight of a 556 can. In my opinion id spend another 375$ buy a 30 cal magnum can like a banish 30, 9" and 7" configurations, serviceable and then buy a 22 can for 175. Sure a second stamp but oh well
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    All good answers above. If you're looking to dip your toes into the NFA game, the temptation to do the one size fits all approach is there. Speaking for myself, I prefer going caliber specific for everything vs a one size fits all. Sure, a Hybrid 46 would suppress a 5.56, however you're not getting the most of out it. A 30 cal can is not a bad application on a 5.56 host at all. Most would not be able to tell the difference at the ear without a DB meter.
    Definitely want a .22 specific can for your .22 plinking. It will be serviceable, light weight, and smaller diameter than centerfire rated options.

If you ever move there are three lines per paperwork for the nfa items. So 2 is easy as one