Rhodiss vs. Hickory

Looking to try a different lake this weekend.

How is the fishing at Rhodiss and or Hickory?

2. Member
    I haven't been to Hickory in decades. ( I didn't fish for 30 years) I went to Rhodhiss once last year. I caught a bunch of small spots. IIRC the biggest one was 13 inches. I was disappointed. I went to Lake James once last year too. I only caught 6, but it was 3 Largemouth and 3 Smallmouth. Years ago I used to go to Rhodhiss and Hickory a bunch and catch decent LM's. Where do you normally fish?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    I haven't been to Hickory in decades. ( I didn't fish for 30 years) I went to Rhodhiss once last year. I caught a bunch of small spots. IIRC the biggest one was 13 inches. I was disappointed. I went to Lake James once last year too. I only caught 6, but it was 3 Largemouth and 3 Smallmouth. Years ago I used to go to Rhodhiss and Hickory a bunch and catch decent LM's. Where do you normally fish?

I normally fish Norman or Mt. Island. I’ve heard Hickory has been real tough and I’m not at all familiar with Rhodiss. I have a kayak tourney coming up and those 2 lakes are 2 of 3 to choose from, besides, I like to go somewhere different now and again.

4. Member
    Rhodhiss used to have lots of big fish. I always did better up in the river than down lake. Hickory can really get going if you hit it right. If your event is near the end of march I'd definitely go there.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    Rhodhiss used to have lots of big fish. I always did better up in the river than down lake. Hickory can really get going if you hit it right. If your event is near the end of march I'd definitely go there.
    Event is next weekend.