Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Barron River Lake

How does this lake fish?
    I will be going to visit Sister NE of Nashville and thinking about taking the boat along and fishing for bass a couple days end of March.

2. Member
    I don’t know current conditions for water temp and color. But barren is at winter pool at 528’ summer is 552’. That’s a significant draw down. Fishing can be good, but lake is small at winter pool with few hazards out there. Have a good map card. Stay around the main lake . We haven’t had a good rain for while so water should be good to fish. I recommended to stay around the Dam to narrows to state park. Anything past this will have 8-10 foot channel with stumps lining the edges, and gets shallower farther you go.
    RANGER BOATS

3. Member
    The above post is good advice but by the end of March the water should be close to summer pool, if not above and flooded. The link below gives historical lake levels.

https://barrenriver.uslakes.info/Level/

4. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Good info thanks.

If you click on the link posted you can see Barren makes some huge swings up in water level when we get a good size rain but it takes them forever to release the water. The rain event yesterday made the lake rise around 12 ft and I'll guarantee it will come up more once all the runoff gets into the lake. If we have dry weather it very will could be under summer pool when you come at the end of March. However 1 or 2 more rain events like we had yesterday and you'll be fishing the picnic table pattern in someone's yard