New to me x19 owner. TM length question

I’ve always wanted an Xpress, and finally got a 2017 for a great deal. X19, F150 Yammie 4 stroke. Not the 200SHO I wanted, but mid to high 50s is fine for me. Plus with the 4cyl vs the weight of the V6, the bow doesn’t sit as high. It has a 2017 fortrex that has been well used. I’m over 50 and debating between ultrex or ulterra. The Xpress does blow around in the +15mph winds more than I thought it would. So spot lock is the main priority. I fish by myself more so than with a partner and that’s why I’m leaning Ulterra, for the simplistic launching. No way I’m going to put a 60” shaft on there though. Do you guys think the 45 inch ulterra with the ability to trim the shaft all the way down, would be long enough without blowout. Guntersville (rarely), Watts bar (mainly), and Center Hill would be the largest lakes I fish.

I’ve got to say the hype on the “ride” is not overstated. Up on pad, it rides as good as my old fiberglass boat. Not on pad idling along in chop, the spray does get you more so than the old fiberglass. Simple fix, don’t idle in chop.

I’ve got a helix 10 mega DI on the bow, so I’m wanting to stay with Minn Kota.

2. Member
    My x19 came with a 52” Ultrex and I found it to be too long. I have a 50” Garmin Force (equivalent to a 45” Ultrex) and it works well for me. I’m not familiar with the Ulterra but I’d assume 45” would work well for it too.

3. Member
    I had a 2011 H18 with 150 vmax 2 stroke along with a 45" terrova and the bow was high. I had blowouts in choppy conditions but it worked fine. I now have a 2020 X21 with a 45" terrova and no issues. I dont see any reason a 45" wouldnt work if the bow isnt way up.

4. Member
    My bow sits high on my boat, 10" jackplate, v6 engine and all my weight to the back. I have a 45" troller and no issues with adjustment left to go down. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    Go 45'' ultrex and don't look back.

Just got my x19 with a 175 SHO on a 10"plate last year. It came with a 52" fortrex that I feel is too long. Any MK 45" would be just fine I would think.
    WashCo Tournament Series

Another vote for the 45" here
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

8. Member
    First of all that is terrible that it only has a 150hp on it. For the trolling motor a 45" shaft is plenty, and I would certainly get an Ultrex over an Ulterra.

9. Member
    Thanks guys. Everyone seems to say ultrex over ulterra. The 2017 doesn’t have the trolling pedal recessed tray. I’m sure I could cut and add one. But the ulterra has a much slimmer pedal. Never ran an electric steer only, so I’m unsure if I would like it. But would really like to be able to use the link auto track, dongle and no pedal on the deck at all (if possible). As far as the 150, it pushes the boat down the lake sufficiently for me. I have a spare hot tuned 98 225 evinrude vindicator, but talk about fuel efficiency sacrifice for at most 20 to 30 more mph. This is basically going to be my old man retirement fishing boat.