Cabelas Short Pump service department

Anyone have any experience dealing with them?
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    Two or three years ago I took my ranger boat and trailer to them to get an estimate for making some repairs and updates to my trailer. They took all the information and said they would get back to me. I’m still waiting, even after calling them back a few days after they said they’d call me.

3. Member
    Ok i can let yall know to NEVER take your boat to the Cabelas short pump for anything. Horrible experience!!!!

Need to find a good WRM dealer. Probably have to tow it all the way to Anglers Choice.
    Semper Fi

2010 BassCat Cougar
    2010 Mercury 250 ProXS
    Minn Kota 36V/112
    Lowrance HDS 12's
    Hydrowave

5. Member
    I had a small crack where set back plate touches where the top cap folds over back of transom. Not a structural issue, caused by set back plate pinching the metal. Was built like this. Well they had it welded and proceeded to cover the area with touch-up paint. not only is the repair not smooth but the paint looks terrible. The cleaned the areas around where they were going to weld with something that blemished/faded the paint. Had another paint issue that was to be addressed that wasn't.

On top of that had shoe prints on seat, washers and nut left on back deck, carpet stains on back deck, hyd steering lines dripping with fluid and the sheild that goes over all the hoses/wire into engine is extremely dirty. Was a total "I dont give a $h!t about your boat".
    Semper Fi

6. Member
    If you need Mercury service I have had good luck with Tomahund Marine, And Now Propeller Dynamics has a certified Mercury guy as well.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

7. Member
    Take it to Richmond Marine Center. You won't be disappointed. https://www.richmondmarinecenter.com/

8. Member
    My issues are warranted by WRM. I use Propeller Dynamics for any othe needs.
    Semper Fi

9. Member
    You do realize Mare is a WRM dealer and 1/2hr north, right?

10. Member
    There are a couple local marine service outfits I will use near me. May cost a little more but they take care of their customers for future business. It is getting harder and harder to find a good marine service outfit who is not part of a chain.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    You do realize Mare is a WRM dealer and 1/2hr north, right?
    I do.
    Semper Fi

12. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt651 View Post
    Take it to Richmond Marine Center. You won't be disappointed. https://www.richmondmarinecenter.com/

This is who Lee sold out too when he retired. Dam I miss doing business with Lee and Donna Sanderson.

13. Member
    I did not know it, but I think my Mercury was the last repair Lee did, although I had no idea at the time. 2 weeks later I ran it and alarm was going off so I took it back Right after Richmond marine moved in. I did not recognize anyone there and asked for Lee. They told me he was on vacation and they would take a look at it.
    lying bastards could not even tell me he retired / sold the business. I was also a little pissed Lee did not mention anything after being a long time customer.

14. Member
    Retirement is vacation lol