Break away tongue slop on Boatmate trailer

The Bolt on one side of my tongue has a little slop in it. I tightened it just a bit a while back and it was better, but now it is back. The removable pin is solid on its side. Just wondering if Im missing a sleeve or something on the bolt side. Its not a lot of slop, but enough for me think thats not right.

2. Member
    If you haven't yet, pull the bolt all the way out and see if it has grooves worn in it where it rides, May just simply need replaced, or the tongue itself is worn if the bolt is harder than the material the tongue is manufactured from. I went through this with my Triton.

Quote Originally Posted by XXXLTRP View Post
    If you haven't yet, pull the bolt all the way out and see if it has grooves worn in it where it rides, May just simply need replaced, or the tongue itself is worn if the bolt is harder than the material the tongue is manufactured from. I went through this with my Triton.
    The bolt is definitely harder than the milder steel frame for sure. The sleeve welded in for the bolt is mild as well. Unless I tighten the tabs much past flush, it is what it is, I guess.