Active Target 2 Issues - No Source!

Just purchased Active Target 2 with an HDS 12 Live. Hooked up everything according to manual and No Source! Every now and then it will come up with a small portion on the screen as if it’s trying to do something. I then go to Sonar in settings click on Active Target Installation and it says No Active Target Connected, check connections. I tried a different Ethernet cable just to be sure it’s not that. My Module has all lights working. I’m pretty sure everything is up to date with the latest version. I’m hoping it’s something simple, so frustrating to spend this amount of money for this stuff and it not work out of the box! I have a case setup with Lowrance Technical Support but who knows how long it will take for them to get back to me. If anyone has any ideas would be much appreciated! I’m hoping it’s just an update that will take care of everything.

HDS 12 Live
    Version - 22.1.1
    Application - 65.1.37

Active Target 2

2. Member
    Just saw the post below on the feed, about others having this issue and going to try the steps and see if I can get it to work!

3. Member
    Never mind I fixed by restoring defaults as mentioned in feed! Thanks BBC

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron350 View Post
    Never mind I fixed by restoring defaults as mentioned in feed! Thanks BBC
    Yep good deal. Seems most everyone is having to do this. I had the same problem with the same solution.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

5. Member
    Restore defaults where ? AT box or hds unit?

6. Member
    It seems several new AT-2 owners/users are having issue(s) with getting their units to work with the AT-2. I spoke at length with the ActiveTarget "Lead" at Navico this morning about the issue and he gave me the information to pass along. So, if you are having an issue getting your unit to find and utilize AT-2, please follow these simple steps.

MFD - powered on
    AT-2- powered on and connected

Press Pages>Settings and on the right side of screen scroll down and select "Restore Defaults". DO NOT un-select anything already selected and DO NOT select anything else on the list. Just follow the on-screen prompts to the completion of the Restore Default process. It won't take but a minute or two.

Afterwards, you SHOULD be able to connect and operate AT-2 just as you did with AT-1. This issue, thus far, appears to affect only users that were connected prior to AT-1.

From Wallyandre

7. Member
    Aaron350/WallyA - much appreciated. I will say this worked for me - BUT once I was on the water testing it, AT2 locked up twice in first 30 mins and even after power re-cycles (several) - I had to run the "RESET DEFAULTS" 2 more times - which as most know is a PITA, since you have to reset everything (and I have saved settings/favorites - but didn't have it with me on the water). After the 2nd time around with the Reset - I ran the last 2 hours with ZERO issues - but seems a little buggy at first - hopefully it will settle in and/or there will be a Firmware updated at some point.

Related - I recorded 40 mins of use and I think it is definitely better than AT1 but only marginally - at least for me. It does seem that you can see sizes of fish better than AT1 - especially further out. I almost always run at 80 Forward (I rarely use Down or Scout) - and it seemed noticeably better. I was able to trade-in (2) AT1 setups so the cost was justifiable to me - but if I couldn't trade-in not sure I would have upgraded or not. Your results may vary.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

8. Member
    Still no source. Glad it was cheap or I would be pissed. Oh, wait…

9. Member
    I have the same issue with ours! We have done the reset to defaults setting as noted above with no changes! Unfortunately it’s still not working! Then when I tried again it then freezes! The system supposedly is up to date with software 23.3. So it seems I have two different issues!

10. Member
    A couple points regarding the above messages:

1. If you previously had AT1 installed, then you need to do the "Restore Defaults" as indicated above. Basically you have already programmed your HDS unit to look for your old AT1, and it can't find it so you get the "no source" message. If you never had an AT1 installed, then you wouldn't get this message and wouldn't need to restore defaults. BTW, same situation with a remote for either your Ghost or the LCR-1; once you program your Ghost or your HDS for the remote, and then you get a new Ghost or Ghost remote, or a new LCR-1 remote for your HDS, you have to restore the Ghost to factory defaults and the HDS for factory defaults for the LCR-1.

2. If you "think" you have everything up to date on the software, I would suspect it is not up to date. You need to verify on your unit it is operating on the current software version (on the "About" page). Update 23.3 is not necessarily the correct update as there are 3 different versions of 23.3. Here is the correct version:

ActiveTarget 2 Software Update (23.3)
    Release Date: 12 November 2023

Version: 23.3-67.3.32

Hope this helps.
    ciao,
    Marc

11. Member
    Just a heads up, after updating my AT2 to the latest software, the functionality of the yellow wake up wire stopped working. De-energizing the yellow wire would put it to sleep, but re-energizing the yellow wire would not wake the module back up.

Ended up wiring the red "+" wire to a switch to allow me to turn the AT2 module off and on as needed.

Not sure how the ones with issues have theirs wired, but this is something to be aware of.

12. Member
    This is not the result of the software update. Originally, the yellow wire didn't work to power off the units. A software update did address this issue and it has been fixed for at least a year. Make sure you have the LATEST software for AT2 (Version: 23.3-67.3.32) and the latest for the HDS unit (ending in .33) for Live units. The yellow wire works perfectly on my module as well as everyone on the boards who has done all the latest updates. There has been extensive discussion about this topic.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

13. Member
    I had my AT2 wired up and working for months. AT2 yellow wire to a switched "+" from battery. It worked this way from last spring up until a couple of weeks ago when I installed this latest update.

I promise, the 23.3 update killed my AT2 yellow wire functionality.

Like I stated, it would put it to sleep, but would not wake it up once it had been put to sleep. Unit would power up and function when initially powered up. But if I de-energized the yellow wire and then re-energized it, it would just continue to show no source no matter how long I waited. I had to completely cycle power on AT2 module to get it to work again.

I ended up just wiring the red and yellow wire to the switch since the switch is rated for a 10 amp load.

I remembered reading about an issue with HDS live units losing functionality of the yellow wire due to an update. But I was not utilizing the yellow wire from the MFD because I wanted to be able to turn off the AT2 independently of the Bow MFD.
    Last edited by Kdixer; 01-17-2024 at 01:53 PM.