Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkamus View Post
    Do any of these people offer discounts on batteries because of Bassboatcentral?
    wr offer Powerhouse Discounts to all our BBC customers

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Pm sent to OP. Best warranty in the industry 15 full years 10 years no proration . Year 1 to 5 should a issue arise we ship out a battery same day (do not make you ship bad battery back first. Plus we give you a return label so you do not pay freight either way. (Unheard of) . No other warranty can compare. Quality vs warranty PowerHouse is the new powerhouse in the lithium market ...

3. Member
    Warranty is only as good as the company that backs it. From everything I have read, Andy at Drewcraft is a stand up guy and provides great service. However, he is a dealer for Ionic and is not the one that backs the warranty. A little research will show Ionic used to be Stark Power who filed for bankruptcy. They sold products to the end and left people with warranty claims outstanding and their other customers holding the bag. They continued to operate out of the same location for quite some time after starting selling under Ionic. Same products ordered from the same Chinese battery manufacturers, just a new label on the product. If the owner did it once, he can do it again. None of the post planters can deny this fact. Sorry, but too many good businesses to choose from to take that chance with Ionic

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Warranty is only as good as the company that backs it. From everything I have read, Andy at Drewcraft is a stand up guy and provides great service. However, he is a dealer for Ionic and is not the one that backs the warranty. A little research will show Ionic used to be Stark Power who filed for bankruptcy. They sold products to the end and left people with warranty claims outstanding and their other customers holding the bag. They continued to operate out of the same location for quite some time after starting selling under Ionic. Same products ordered from the same Chinese battery manufacturers, just a new label on the product. If the owner did it once, he can do it again. None of the post planters can deny this fact. Sorry, but too many good businesses to choose from to take that chance with Ionic
    This is one of the big concerns I have with buying lithium batteries. I love the warranty offered by PowerHouse, Ionic, etc., but they are all so new to the battery game that it makes you wonder who (if any) will still be in the battery business towards the end of the warranty period.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    This is one of the big concerns I have with buying lithium batteries. I love the warranty offered by PowerHouse, Ionic, etc., but they are all so new to the battery game that it makes you wonder who (if any) will still be in the battery business towards the end of the warranty period.
    Relion has been around for some time
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

I run a Ionic 36v 50AH with PP Charge on my Puma with Garmin Force TM, Zero issues!
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    I love the warranty offered by PowerHouse, Ionic, etc.,
    really is no comparison between the 2 warranties and while I doubt Ionic is going anywhere, let's hope in that camp. history doesn't repeat itself. I'm sure they have learned from past mistakes. They seem to be doing better this go around. I believe most of the big players name brands are in it for the long haul. While other lesser known pop up lithium companies are the ones I'd be concerned with as well as a very popular brand that ends in "ota" that has a reputation for huge marketing however are no where to be found when a problem arises, can't answer there phone and then use every excuse in the battery box not to honor the warranty when you finally do get ahold of them. All 3 of the major brands being sold here on BBC are tops in customer support before, during and especially after the sale. I personally know myself Andy and Bill make ourselves available at all hours of the day and not only during the week but weekends as well.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-19-2023 at 09:05 AM.

8. Member
    thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    You NEVER have too much battery, but you CAN have too little.
    Not really... I'm running 65ah lithiums on a 36v ghost and I can't kill these batteries and I fish Great Lakes water often. 12 hrs days no issues 8 hrs tournament days with 4 footers and still no issues. So spending double the money for power I'm not going to use is kinda waist of money for the simple reason of "you never can have too much battery." To each their own but the money I saved not buying 100ah batteries which I would only use 50% or less of it's intended usage, I picked up a live sonar which I use 100% of its intended capabilities....

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_boat_boy View Post
    Not really... I'm running 65ah lithiums on a 36v ghost and I can't kill these batteries and I fish Great Lakes water often. 12 hrs days no issues 8 hrs tournament days with 4 footers and still no issues. So spending double the money for power I'm not going to use is kinda waist of money for the simple reason of "you never can have too much battery." To each their own but the money I saved not buying 100ah batteries which I would only use 50% or less of it's intended usage, I picked up a live sonar which I use 100% of its intended capabilities....
    I see your point but also see the person's point that said you could never "have too much". If it were true it's double the cost then you have a very valid point but for instance there is only a 240.00 difference in cost between our 100 ah and 60ah 12 volt powerhouse models. When the bbc discount is applied A bunch of factors come into play with sizing AH while you may not be able to kill 65ah. There would be someone out there that could. What's good for one may not be good for another. Maybe someone wants to go multiple days without charging or where they fish they do not have electric to plug in at the dock and they do not want to pull the boat out for 3 days. Lot of mitigating circumstances.

11. Member
    I too am in the "can't decide which lithium to buy" camp. I can't even decide after much YouTubing and other social media watching and reading (including BBC) what size lithium to buy. I haven't yet though reached out to ask opinions and here goes...

I have an atypical "bass boat" (a Tracker ProGuide 175 WT) that is dragged along by an 80lb MK Terrova, mostly in reservoirs verrry occasionally in rivers. It fits my needs well except that the two GP 27 Interstate LA batteries on the MK don't last all day some days when the wind is going good and so is the fishing. I'm thinking I should go with two 120 Ah or 125 Ah 12V lithiums. But what says anyone here running 2 100Ah lithiums on a similar setup if there is anyone here doing that? Plenty of power with those or should I spend the extra to get 20 - 25% more? I know you can't have too much, but they don't give that extra 20- 25% away either. TIA!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herb Abel View Post
    I too am in the "can't decide which lithium to buy" camp. I can't even decide after much YouTubing and other social media watching and reading (including BBC) what size lithium to buy. I haven't yet though reached out to ask opinions and here goes...

I have an atypical "bass boat" (a Tracker ProGuide 175 WT) that is dragged along by an 80lb MK Terrova, mostly in reservoirs verrry occasionally in rivers. It fits my needs well except that the two GP 27 Interstate LA batteries on the MK don't last all day some days when the wind is going good and so is the fishing. I'm thinking I should go with two 120 Ah or 125 Ah 12V lithiums. But what says anyone here running 2 100Ah lithiums on a similar setup if there is anyone here doing that? Plenty of power with those or should I spend the extra to get 20 - 25% more? I know you can't have too much, but they don't give that extra 20- 25% away either. TIA!
    In my opinion from having ran two (2) Ionic 50ah for my Ultrex on my Tracker 175txw, I would say you would be completely fine with 100ah batteries. You could most probably get away with 50ah batteries as a matter of fact. The 50ah will perform MUCH better than the two 27s you had; that is exactly what I had before I switched to the 50ah Ionic batteries. The 100ah would provide you with ALL the peace of mind.

I fished 7am to 2pm yesterday in the wind covering a TON of water and finished the day with 68% battery life. The worst I have seen so far is fishing 8 hours in 5-10mph winds on the trolling motor HARD and finished with 38% left. Still had 28% battery left, and with the app I could alter my fishing style (put the TM on 4-5 instead of 7, use the big motor to cut across pockets instead of the TM on 10, etc), and still be fine. Plus, when I get home the batteries charge in 3 hours or so with the Minn Kota PC330, which is a three bank x 10amp charger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12