N.c wildlife and f1 bass!

So I hear N.C wildlife is on board with the f1 bass program that should tell everyone all they need to know! But also what about the long held positions of N.C Wildlife that if it's not native it shouldn't be in the the lake? Like certain kinds off grass that have according to them been bad for our lakes!

2. Member
    Bro NC wildlife is way behind the nations other conservationist. I think these wildlife people in NC are out of their league when it comes to know what is best. Like killing grass in Sharon Harris and now trying to grow it back again. Everyone knows thick mats are good for big bass. That’s why there is so many 8+ lb bass is Sharon Harris. They cleaned the grass for the big boaters and if you don’t know that then you fell for that big lie they tried to get everyone to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post
    Bro NC wildlife is way behind the nations other conservationist. I think these wildlife people in NC are out of their league when it comes to know what is best. Like killing grass in Sharon Harris and now trying to grow it back again. Everyone knows thick mats are good for big bass. That’s why there is so many 8+ lb bass is Sharon Harris. They cleaned the grass for the big boaters and if you don’t know that then you fell for that big lie they tried to get everyone to believe.
    Got that right. NC Wildlife is managed by the biggest donors. Whether it’s for big boats on the lakes around Raleigh or Charlotte or for the commercial fishermen on coast. Recreational anglers barely cared about.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

4. Member
    Just so you know ncwildlife got a 100,000 grant to fund native grass in nc lakes. 25 k over 4 years from aftco.

5. Member
    Just out of curiosity, when they spray non-native grass in a lake like Gaston does it also kill the native grass? Or is it some sort of selective herbicide?

6. Member
    They said it would NOT hurt other grass on Lake Chickamagwa as well and Wesley Straders dad Bud Strader has fought them head on and go no where. They destroyed Chickamagwa like it did and WILL kill it in NC as well. Bud Strader will be glad to answer any questions any of you have. You can ask him anything in IM’s

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jump&run View Post
    So I hear N.C wildlife is on board with the f1 bass program that should tell everyone all they need to know! But also what about the long held positions of N.C Wildlife that if it's not native it shouldn't be in the the lake? Like certain kinds off grass that have according to them been bad for our lakes!
    The KY Department of fish and wildlife has been saying that exact same thing for years as an excuse to not stock F1s. A study done on it last year proved them wrong.
    https://docktalkwv.com/index.php/202...in-kentucky-2/

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    Just so you know ncwildlife got a 100,000 grant to fund native grass in nc lakes. 25 k over 4 years from aftco.

I bet that the majority of that 100,000 dollars goes to spraying anything and everything that grows in the water. They have nuked the greensboro city lakes the past couple years and was told that they were spending $90,000 a week to fight the hydrilla at just one of the greensboro city lakes.......what a wonderful use of our money. Aftco on the other hand is a great company. If they truly knew what the ncwrc did what that money they probably wouldn't be so generous.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaumuk View Post
    Just out of curiosity, when they spray non-native grass in a lake like Gaston does it also kill the native grass? Or is it some sort of selective herbicide?
    Every time they spray the grass in our lakes it seems to kill anything aquatic that is worth anything to a bass.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn87 View Post
    Every time they spray the grass in our lakes it seems to kill anything aquatic that is worth anything to a bass.
    That's what I was thinking, so why do they waste money planting vegetation in lakes they know they are going to spray??

As far as how spraying effects fish if you have ever owned an aquarium then no one would ever be able to explain to you that dumping chemicals in the water has no effect on the fish.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaumuk View Post
    That's what I was thinking, so why do they waste money planting vegetation in lakes they know they are going to spray??

As far as how spraying effects fish if you have ever owned an aquarium then no one would ever be able to explain to you that dumping chemicals in the water has no effect on the fish.

get you an aquarium…..plant you some hydrilla in it…..put some bass in it……spray the crap that the state sprays our waters with to kill it and see how many bass you have left……we talk all the time about not putting something invasive in our waters and then they spray chemicals in it that were never meant to aid life within the ecosystem. And it’s our drinking water on top of it. You tell me how much sense that makes……I’ll wait

12. Member
    Well stated Men and I got to Add Bud Strader up in Tn brought it to the state under minutes. They was ordered to stop spraying as Bud one. A week later behind closed doors Bud got calls as they was spraying again. He and The people could not stop them even after the Goverment stood with Bud Strader and 1000’s of others who wanted the spraying of Lake Chickamagwa to stop. For some reason nothing beats these people. I stand behind stopping tue spraying at any lake in any state. Could you begin to think what would happen if they sprayed Lake Okeechobee or Kissimmee?

13. Member
    They are spraying okeechobee and have been for years there is hardly any Hydrilla or eel grass left they sprayed bad enough on the south end there is fields of dead reeds

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post
    Well stated Men and I got to Add Bud Strader up in Tn brought it to the state under minutes. They was ordered to stop spraying as Bud one. A week later behind closed doors Bud got calls as they was spraying again. He and The people could not stop them even after the Goverment stood with Bud Strader and 1000’s of others who wanted the spraying of Lake Chickamagwa to stop. For some reason nothing beats these people. I stand behind stopping tue spraying at any lake in any state. Could you begin to think what would happen if they sprayed Lake Okeechobee or Kissimmee?
    Oceechobie is like the dead sea along with a ton of other florida lakes because of the constant spraying. Mere shadow of what it once was along with kissimmee, toho and a thousand other lakes down there.

15. Member
    Unfortunately to anyone not a fisherman/woman the loss of weeds is seen as a positive thing. Fishing in not as important as other recreation or commerce on any lake in any state.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

16. Member
    If they want to spray something that bad they can come do my lawn before the crabgrass comes in