250xb oil warning question

<0T225698>

So getting ready for a florida trip in a month so decided to take the boat out and run it some today. Ran 5-6 miles did great turned around to head back got up and running about a mile and oil beeper and light came on shit it off sit a minute take off again and 3-4 hundred yards it did it again eased back to the trailer came home. Here’s what I’ve done since got home:
    - took oil pickup out of the tank and cleaned the screen and made sure tube was clear.
    - cleaned all the oil out and made sure tank was clean.
    - put it on muffs took hood off the oil tank on the engine was 2” from top. Started the boat let it run 5 min or so with the engine oil tank cap off and did not put anymore oil into that tank.
    - disconnected the oil line coming into the top of that tank and blew through it and was clear.
    - disconnected the crankcase side line blew through it and it was clear.
    - ran engine with crankcase side unhooked and sticking finger on the fitting can feel it pulsing hooked vacuum gauge to same fitting while running needle jumps erratically back and fourth.
    - did a compression check on the motor all cylinders at 105 psi +~ 1 psi
    - if I blow through the crankcase side line I get oil out of the other side.

what am I missing? The oil pumps to the engine tank solely from crankcase pressure correct? Or does the pump between the bottom of the engines tank and the ?metering get up also do something to help pump from the remote tank in the boat? Where’s the oil warning sensor? Is it in the onboard tank just telling you that it’s no longer getting oil pumped to it so you don’t run it dry??
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-13-2023 at 04:41 PM.

More than likely the check valve need replaced. It happens. part number 8781051

BTW Don asks when starting a thread to include your engine ser. number

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

3. Member
    Yep forgot it in first post. 0t225698. Glad you said that I ordered a new check valve right after I posted. Hope that’s it

4. Member
    I had a oil level sensor go bad in the tank that's mounted to the engine. Constantly called for low oil levels when it really wasn't.

5. Member
    there can be no air leaks in this sytem . engine tank fills from pressurized onboard tank low oil sensor is on top of engine tank no sensor monitors boat tank for warning
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by LumberZak View Post
    I had a oil level sensor go bad in the tank that's mounted to the engine. Constantly called for low oil levels when it really wasn't.
    Yes, but in this instance the oil level in the reserve tank is low and not being refilled by the remote tank.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

7. Member
    yep means senor is working ^^^^^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................