Banned

Stick Marsh drawdown

The FWC is lowering the water level at the Stick Marsh an inch a day for February. From March until August, they are supposed to drop the water level a whole lot in order to let vegetation start growing to provide habitat. But they aren't going to fill it back up, they are going to let the rainy season take care of that. From what little I can find out, it looks like you will not be able to safely launch a bass boat and navigate the place. And the same thing is going to happen to 3 Forks area. I we get a drought, there will be no way to fish the place for a long time. I hope this isn't the case , but that's what is going to happen. Looks like Headwaters will be even worse than it is now as far as crowds. I am writing the place off for the next year.

A Kayaker's dream.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    A Kayaker's dream.
    and for float tube fisherman, I used to float tube fish Okeechobee years and years ago. Lots of fun to be had.

4. Banned
    If they draw it down as much as I heard they were going to, a canoe or kayak will be the only way to fish it. The number I heard was 4ft. And they are going to keep it down so stuff can grow. Sort of like they did with Kissimmee and Okeechobee. Hope it works.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    If they draw it down as much as I heard they were going to, a canoe or kayak will be the only way to fish it. The number I heard was 4ft. And they are going to keep it down so stuff can grow. Sort of like they did with Kissimmee and Okeechobee. Hope it works.
    Gotta make sure you can grow enough grass to justify all the spraying contracts later

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Gotta make sure you can grow enough grass to justify all the spraying contracts later
    That is probably what will happen

7. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Too bad they can't draw down the St. Johns river.

8. Banned
    The FWC is lowering the water level at the Stick Marsh an inch a day for February. From March until August, they are supposed to drop the water level a whole lot in order to let vegetation start growing to provide habitat. But they aren't going to fill it back up, they are going to let the rainy season take care of that. From what little I can find out, it looks like you will not be able to safely launch a bass boat and navigate the place. And the same thing is going to happen to 3 Forks area. I we get a drought, there will be no way to fish the place for a long time. I hope this isn't the case , but that's what is going to happen. Looks like Headwaters will be even worse than it is now as far as crowds. I am writing the place off for the next year.

This needs to happen. Have a hard time believing that the sprayers wont get in there and do harm at low water levels.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    This needs to happen. Have a hard time believing that the sprayers wont get in there and do harm at low water levels.
    FWC is SUPPOSED to plant stuff per the article I read, but that doesn't mean they won't kill it later.

10. Member
    Draw down and plant just so they can spray the **** out of it again
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

FWC is SUPPOSED to plant stuff per the article I read, but that doesn't mean they won't kill it later.
    They did that to a lake down near lake wales. Planted some buggy whips and nuked the rest.
    I heard they were gonna keep stick marsh down long enough to burn some of it, idk.