2023 EDAK schedule

2023 season dates

#1- 6/24 big cormorant
    #2- 7/22 Lida
    #3- 8/12 Pelican (north of Dunvilla)
    #4- 8/26 LCR Lizzy crystal rush
    TOC- 9/9-10 BigStone (prefishing cut off at 5pm 9/8)

2023 EDAK Rules and Regulations
    (All current Game and Fish Regulations must be followed)
    1. Participation and Eligibility
    1.1 Tournaments are open to any angler with a valid fishing license. This is a family friendly club and all are welcome.
    2. Practice and Competition
    2.1 Decisions regarding official time, weigh-in procedures and penalties will be determined by the Tournament Director, or in their absence, a pre-designated Director.
    2.2 Club Tournament lakes are “off limits” to anglers Sunday at midnight the week prior to the tournament. Indirect violations of this rule will be viewed as grounds for disqualification. Exception: If the Monday before a tournament is a holiday, all anglers are allowed to practice that day.
    2.3 No outside elevation sources (Standing on Cooler, Ladder, step stool or use of any drone type device).
    3. Registration
    3.1 Each angler must register and pay entry fee with Tournament Director at the designated public access at least a half hour before take-off. There will be a “poker chip” drawing at 6:45am prior to the tournament for takeoff position. That poker chip will have to be returned by 3:00pm to verify a non-late arrival to weigh-in.
    3.2 One Angler from each boat MUST draw their own chip!!!
    3.3 Tournaments will begin at 7:00am with weigh-ins at 3:00pm. Anglers who arrive after the tournament has begun must find the Tournament Director, pay the fees and register before starting.
    3.4 Entry fee is $100 per team, $10 goes to Big Bass of the Day, $10 goes towards Edak Classic total payout, $80 for the Daily Tournament.
    3.4.1 Membership: $10.00 membership fee per person, $20.00 per boat maximum. This allows substitutes without additional fees.
    4. Point system and Edak Classic eligibility.
    4.1 Team of the year will be based off a point system. 50pts for 1st, 49pts for 2nd, 48pts for 3rd and so on. Big bass of the year will be determining tiebreaker for end of the year positioning. The end of the year standings will also decide takeoff positions for the Edak Classic. (Day 2 of the Classic, Anglers will take off in standing order from Day 1)
    4.1.1 Anglers who participate in a tournament and don’t weigh in something receive last place points. If multiple teams don’t weigh in, all teams that don’t weigh in will all receive last place points.
    4.1.1.1 Example: 10 teams compete, 3 teams don’t weigh in, they all receive 41pts (last place of all participating teams)
    4.1.2 Last event of the year is a “Win and In” Tournament. Winner has automatic Classic Birth.
    4.2 Qualifications for Edak Classic: Only Top 10 Teams throughout the season are eligible. If any of the Top 10 cannot make the Classic, the next team in standings will become eligible and invited.
    4.2.1.1 teams must fish all 4 tournaments to qualify for TOC.

4.2.1 If the winning team of the last regular season tournament is not in the running for Top 10, they will be added as an additional entry. (11 Total)(must have fished the prior 3 tournaments)
    4.2.1.1 If the winning team is already in the Top 10 Classic run, they do NOT receive a double qualification status adding an 11th team to the Classic.
    4.2.2 Edak Classic entry fees; $150 per team. $10 of it will go towards big bass of the weekend. Payout will be paid down 3 spots.
    4.2.3 All Edak regular season tournaments are 90% payback. The other 10% will go towards Edak TOC, which will be 100% payback. Payment for places will be determined the day of the tournament according to the number of teams fishing, and our club approved payout schedule.
    5. Safety
    5.1 All US Coast Guard and state safe boating regulations must be observed. A properly fastened personal flotation device must be worn while the big motor is under operation. Along with a properly working kill switch attached to the boat driver.
    5.2 The Tournament Director has the right to delay, shorten or cancel the start of an official tournament day because of bad weather or other factors that would endanger the safety of the anglers.
    6. Boat and Operations
    6.1 Tournament boats must contain aerated live-wells, which need not be “built-in”, but in proper working order. Aftermarket aeration systems must be in place and inspected before take-off.
    6.2 Trailering of boats during the tournament is prohibited.
    7. Tournament waters, Sportsmanship, and Courtesies
    7.1 Only water open to all public fishing will be considered tournament waters. The tournament Director will inform anglers if any water is posted off-limits by local, state, or federal authorities.
    7.2 All angling must be done from the boat.
    7.3 Fishing is permitted anywhere on the designated tournament waters except within 50 feet of another tournament angler. Two or more boats fishing the same area will use common sense with this rule.
    7.4 Maximum courtesy must be practiced at all times, especially with regard to boating and angling in the vicinity of non-contestants and homeowners. Be Kind. Each team will be held responsible for their own actions.
    7.5 EDAK Bass Club will NOT be held liable for the actions of any individual.
    8. Tackle and Equipment
    8.1 Landing nets are allowed during all club tournaments
    8.2 Only artificial and biodegradable artificial lures (including pork rind) may be used. NO LIVE BAIT. Trolling motors may be used to position the boat for casting, but trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited.
    8.3 All current Game and Fish Regulations must be followed.
    9. Qualified Bass
    9.1 The limit will be 5 largemouth and or smallmouth bass per team.
    9.2 Only bass with a length of 12 inches or over (measured from closed mouth to the tip of the tail, pinched or fanned) will be weighed toward total weight.
    9.3 A penalty of 1/2lb will subtracted from the total weight for each dead fish. (Any dead fish must be weighed in) This does apply to Big Bass of the Day cash award. We strive for 0% mortality rate and will do everything we can to keep these fish alive and released healthy.
    10. Weigh-in
    10.1 All boats must be checked in with the “Poker chip” at the weigh-in site once the tournament hours have been completed. 1st person to witness a late boat to weigh-in must immediately be verified by another angler or tournament Director. Time will be verified by Cell Phone.
    10.2 Late Penalty: Late is Late! Anglers MUST be off plane and in the immediate area by 3PM, not 3:00.01. One second late is still late. No Penalty, instant Disqualification receiving last place points.
    10.2.1 This will be closely watched by designated personnel.

EDAK BASS CLUB can be found on Facebook or I will do my best to update any information as soon as I can here.
    Last edited by Fishysam; 05-28-2023 at 09:47 AM.

2. Member
    The Prez says brown fish is the theme this year... That'll work! Until TOC

Wow i just posted this you bum!

4. Member
    Well this will be fun
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    Well this will be fun
    Isnt it always fun?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Isnt it always fun?
    Even more than usual
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

7. Member
    Big cormorant and lizzie swap!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

Yup, i knew that and was just testing to see if you would come let everyone know haha. I am going to go edit the first post to say. 6/24 big cormorant and LCR 8/26

9. Member
    Yup, i knew that and was just testing to see if you would come let everyone know haha. I am going to go edit the first post to say. 6/24 big cormorant and LCR 8/26
    Haha... should be a fun tournament, big C was extra clear the other day, 20 foot viability. Wonder how I'll make a fool of myself for this year's first tournament
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

Ha i have been falling asleep waiting to start the year

11. Member
    Ha i have been falling asleep waiting to start the year
    You gonna be able to do a little practicing this year?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarBack View Post
    You gonna be able to do a little practicing this year?
    apparently not, may be the signs of time to retire next year. Bass heads, a couple opens in SD and maybe try the mnbn next year

13. Member
    apparently not, may be the signs of time to retire next year. Bass heads, a couple opens in SD and maybe try the mnbn next year
    That would suck. I can send you all the 1lbers I found last weekend if you need! At least if you hang it up for edak you'll have plenty to keep you busy... that drive before the tournaments for you would drive me crazy
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

The drive doesnt help haha

15. Member
    Well... first derby was a wet one. Green fish were biting, didn't waste much time fishing for brown ones in the rain and waves. Here's hoping for better weather next at lida!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

16. Member
    Lida was a fun day, lots of fish to be caught... was awesome to see the first 40+ boat turnout! My brother and I would also like to see lida be on the schedule every year
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

17. Member
    Another fun regular season in the books for edak... on to big stone for tournament of champions!
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp

18. Member
    How did Big Stone turn out???
    She was tough yesterday for fishing the BBT.
    Dave

Saturday appeared rough for most teams but still had 22 pounds or so come in for the day one lead. But sunday looked better and more weight was brought in across the board. Same appearance in other tournament there also.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

20. Member
    Saturday was hard. We went south and caught a 30" walleye... that was it for our day. And maybe hypothermia after getting rained on for 6 or 7 hours hahaha
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp