Lake Marion - Church Branch

Has anyone fished Church Branch near Randolphs? Staying there in March and can't find any info except that it is connected to the main lake by a spillway.
    2012 Nitro Z8
    2012 Mercury Optimax Pro XS 250
    Lowrance Ghost and HDS Carbon 12 & 9
    KVD Hydrowave 2
    Minn Kota 10' Talons

2. Member
    It’s basically a big shallow pond. Had tons of grass last time I fished it. The public ramp is flat. We have put a bass boat in it, but mainly used my small boat. You can catch fish around docks and frog in the back with lily pads and grass. I would recommend hoping across the street and fishing the lake. If the wind is rolling Church Branch or the Bar Pit will treat you well. Best month to catch a big fish up shallow on the lake.
    2004 Ranger 521VX Comanche
    2020 Mercury Pro XS FourStroke
    www.stevenfelderfishing.com
    StevenFelderFishing@live.com
    Steven Felder
    Manning, SC

Church Branch is not all shallow.It has 25’ maybe 30’ deep water near hwy 260 & 30’ or more on the lake side of hwy 260 along the docks.I have fished it many times & you can see the beds very easy.The key is to be early on the bed fishing,before the locals take the females off the beds & to the grease.
    Last edited by santee bass; 02-13-2023 at 09:09 PM.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info Steven and Inky.....I normally fish the big lakes, but staying at a house on Church Branch for 5 days.
    2012 Nitro Z8
    2012 Mercury Optimax Pro XS 250
    Lowrance Ghost and HDS Carbon 12 & 9
    KVD Hydrowave 2
    Minn Kota 10' Talons