Powertech props?

Anyone running their prop? I think a lot of folks were running them years ago and I haven't heard much about them lately...

2. Member
    my buddy runs a 4 blade one on his 19' pathfinder, it has a tendency to cavitate in turns, gets on plane well though, not as good as a Mercury Bravo or similar IMO.

3. Member
    I bought a 24 VMX 3 for my 18’ BassCat 175 2 stroke Merc. I love it. It turns almost identical rpms and top end as the 26 Bravo XS I have. Hole shot and midrange punch is not as quick, but it’ still good. The overall handling and soft ride in the chop and rough water is amazing. It feels similar to the Bravo in handling, but it’s more forgiving with just the 3 blades. Very easy to drive aired out, and it has a ton of bow lift. It runs nice and flat w/o much trim in the chop without digging the bow. I run a 25 Tempest that I like it too, but that Ptech VMX3 has better handing and softer ride. 24 VMX3 turns about 50 rpms less than the 25 Tempest and about .5 mph slower on top end on my rig. I bought the Ptech last August, and the fastest I’ve been with it was 68.6 @5860 rpms. That was with about 12 gallons of fuel, empty wells, and running light on gear. Slip calculator is about 3 on it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_SabreFTD18 View Post
    I bought a 24 VMX 3 for my 18’ BassCat 175 2 stroke Merc. I love it. It turns almost identical rpms and top end as the 26 Bravo XS I have. Hole shot and midrange punch is not as quick, but it’ still good. The overall handling and soft ride in the chop and rough water is amazing. It feels similar to the Bravo in handling, but it’s more forgiving with just the 3 blades. Very easy to drive aired out, and it has a ton of bow lift. It runs nice and flat w/o much trim in the chop without digging the bow. I run a 25 Tempest that I like it too, but that Ptech VMX3 has better handing and softer ride. 24 VMX3 turns about 50 rpms less than the 25 Tempest and about .5 mph slower on top end on my rig. I bought the Ptech last August, and the fastest I’ve been with it was 68.6 @5860 rpms. That was with about 12 gallons of fuel, empty wells, and running light on gear. Slip calculator is about 3 on it.
    That's interesting and sounds like the 24 would be about right for my rig.

5. Member
    I run a Powertech 4 blade on my boat, great hole shot an top end.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

PowerTech offers hundreds of different propellers.....

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html