Thank you all for the Recommendation

A few months ago I was asking for a recommendation for a Mechanic for a lower unit issue I had. I was told by several people that Mark Rizk at Tennessee Valley Marina would be fair and do quality work. My lower unit was not only resolved but I saved close to $1000 by going to Mark. In the time from that repair until now Mark has provided me information on some used equipment that I needed for my boat which saved me money , Made a few repairs to my merc that other shops wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars more. Lastly, just this week my oil wasn't transferring from my external reserve tank to my internal. Mark first tried to help me on the phone with me calling him 4-5 times in one day and never did he make me feel bad about eating up his time. When we couldn't figure out the issue in the middle of a swamped schedule he offered to take a look at tit during his lunch today. At this point I was thinking this was going to be big $$$$$$ . I spoke to Mark about two hours later and he said come and get your boat it's ready. Needless to say my bill was a fraction of what I was thinking and tomorrow I'm going fishing.

Again guys thank you for the recommendation and I for one will be passing on the good word for Mark and TVM.

2. Member
    I took a Guide trip with Mark Years Ago on Guntersville. He's a heck of a Fisherman too. I think he finished 2nd in the Classic when he fished BASS..Good Guy!

3. Member
    Mark is money on Mercury's! He'll always take care of you!

4. Member
    Where is he located?

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Good to know there are still some good guys left out there.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Where is he located?
    Shop is on Hwy 31 North out of Decatur. Approximately half way from Decatur to Athens. Just North of crossroads in Tanner community. Tennessee Valley Marine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    Where is he located?
    I'm almost certain it's Athens , Alabama. I drive about an hour and a half to get there. As Dennis said when it comes to working on the Merc, he is as good as I have seen. Combine that with no desire to take advantage of people you have a great shop.

8. Member
    73344D0D-06DA-4E8D-A339-D908CBC6110F.jpeg

I took my boat to Mark first oil change and buying the extended warranty. I dropped it off at 8:30 got the call around 4 the same day to pick it up. It’s almost an hour drive for me he said he’d wait til I got there. He had the best deal of the 3-5 contacts I made on the warranty. Gave me pointer on setting up the jack plate if needed. He gets it in his shop keeps the boat inside at all times. Very clean shop!