Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Now that is NICE!!!!

This is how Josh Douglas and Carl J. roll too.

I have looked into them since I am 100% remote as a way to travel around and fish. They are NOT cheap plus needing a dually 1 ton.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

DANG that is slick! I would never have guessed that fits on the bed of a truck. I am not much for camping but that thing is sweet.

Can’t hide that kind of money!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member
    Excuse my ignorance, but how in the world does that hook up to the truck? I have multiple family members that have 5th wheel and pull behind campers, but there was no 5th wheel hitch in the bed of that truck. He said it fits on the bed of the truck, but that just makes me more confused. Can someone enlighten me please?

Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but how in the world does that hook up to the truck? I have multiple family members that have 5th wheel and pull behind campers, but there was no 5th wheel hitch in the bed of that truck. He said it fits on the bed of the truck, but that just makes me more confused. Can someone enlighten me please?
    it sits in the bed here is a video of Carls setup it shows them putting it in the truck."

Remote and everything tucks in and then drive truck under it, hook up boat to trailer hitch.

9. Member
    It's a "cab over" camper that fits into the bed of his truck. It has 3 slides - one on each side of the camper and one at the back. Once fully expanded it's significantly more sizeable. When packed, it's the same width as his truck, and since it's in the bed of his truck vs. being pulled behind it he can still pull his boat.

-b-

Oh and they are like 80k new.

11. Member
    Yeah I saw a few pros starting to do that a handful of years ago. Nice and how I would roll if in that position. Only thing I don't like about it is the need for a dually truck. Of course you can use a single wheel truck but you will have to sacrifice on camper size/ weight.

12. Member
    Thanks for the explanation and video. That is really sweet! My wife would love to get a camper but I refuse to put a fifth wheel hitch in my truck and also don't want to pull both a camper and then a boat behind the camper (my wife's father does this and man does that make for a long rig). Too bad these are so expensive and you have to have a big dually truck for them. Still really cool though.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Oh and they are like 80k new.
    Then there are other's like BMP and Swindle, even Gleason where they have a separate truck and 5th wheel camper. Some of the guy's get 'er done nicely.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

14. Member
    Thanks for the explanation and video. That is really sweet! My wife would love to get a camper but I refuse to put a fifth wheel hitch in my truck and also don't want to pull both a camper and then a boat behind the camper (my wife's father does this and man does that make for a long rig). Too bad these are so expensive and you have to have a big dually truck for them. Still really cool though.
    They do make them smaller and lighter weight, you can put them on a 3/4 ton, or a SRW 1 ton as well. The big boys need the big payload though.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

Super nice

16. Member
    That’s a real nice set up.

17. Member
    Dream setup. One of the guys I’m looking forward to seeing fish a 5 fish format again.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

18. Member
    Sweet setup there!

I had 1 for 3 years. Cost me 2400 used. 90s model with no slides. After our 3rd child turned 5 we were too big for it. When tournament fishing my overweight buddy slept on the dinette (bed) and I slept uptop. Sold it to some hunters for 2000. The lift was and still is worth that amount.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

I would have never thought that fit in the bed and you could still pull a boat

That's a slick setup!
    "The handicapped angler"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast