Montgomery, Alabama

One of my employees has been accepted to PA school there, starting in August. They are in Dallas now, and need to find a decent place there to rent an apartment or small house - hard to know where to start looking. Anyone here familiar with it, and can recommend a part of town that would be safe and nice? Areas to avoid renting? They have a newborn that will need daycare options also, so that would go along with locating to a decent part of town.

Thank you in advance -

2. Member
    My wife is a realtor in Prattville. Message me if you’d like I’ll pass on her number. She’s the kind of person that will help out even if they don’t use her. She knows the area well and has a lot of connections.

3. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Stay East of Taylor Rd for sure. The town of Pike Rd is the preferred area but prices go up and rentals are hard to come by. For daycare there is Lakeview, Aldersgate, Saint James and several more. That's just the first few that come to mind. As far as Montgomery places to look for a rental would be Sturbridge and Deer Creek. In Pike Rd area check out Woodland Creek, Bon Terre, The Waters, Abington and Bridle Brook. They could check out wetumpka, Prattville and Millbrook also if they don't mind a small drive.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 02-07-2023 at 02:13 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

4. Member
    There is no good side of Montgomery. Look at the Prattville/Millbrook area. Only 10-15 minute drive depending on how close you are to the interstate.
    Don't take life so seriously no one get's out alive

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by need5biguns56 View Post
    There is no good side of Montgomery. Look at the Prattville/Millbrook area. Only 10-15 minute drive depending on how close you are to the interstate.
    ^ This would be my choice.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

6. Member
    This is all hugely helpful and very much appreciated. I suspected that there would be limited choices.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by need5biguns56 View Post
    I’ll third that! Nice area.

8. Member
    In downtown Prattvile they are remodeling the old cotton gin into apartments next to the creek. Pretty nice place, make sure to check them out. Should have some available soon. If they are church goer's tell them to check out Centerpoint in Prattville.
    Don't take life so seriously no one get's out alive

9. Member
    This gave her some much needed info and was super helpful. I really appreciate everyone’s help. She’ll be there about 2 years. Looks like some decent fishing water around there - I may need to visit.

10. Member
    If she is going to Faulkner, that's on the NE side of town, which would be convenient to Pike Road, Vaugh rd east of Taylor rd, and with a few minutes more drive, Wetumpka. I'm a bit partial to the Wetumpka area as that's where I'm from. Included in that is the Redland area. As for daycare, there are some local churches that have great programs. As for fishing, we have Alabama river, Coosa river ( down river and the rapids are up river, Tallapoosa River, Lake Jordan, Lake Martin, the smaller lake that we call Middle Pond (Yates Lake), and an hour or more north, Mitchell and Lay Lake.