Hambys Adhesive Epoxy

I had a Hambys installed last summer and used the epoxy Basscat included (bought the Hambys from Basscat). It is starting to come up at the furthest point from the bow. Looking for recommendations on best type of epoxy. The installer and myself figured what was provided by Basscat would be best but he did have some initial hesitation about using it. I should note that he is one of the best marine restoration guys in our area who specializes in bass boats.
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

2. Member
    Hambys uses the West System epoxy
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    I've been looking for a real informative video to install it. Can't find one that I thought was really helpful. Also have the epoxy that came with the Hambys. May end up taking it to the pros unless covinced other wise.

4. Member
    Did you prep the area proper? Biggest thing is you can’t just put it on a smooth surface. I’ve never seen them come off if installed properly and strapped up for it to set.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    Did you prep the area proper? Biggest thing is you can’t just put it on a smooth surface. I’ve never seen them come off if installed properly and strapped up for it to set.
    I will pick the installers brain on how he prepped it. He is as meticulous as they come and can’t speak highly enough of the other work he has done on my boat and friends. His Facebook page is worth a follow. JCS Marine Restoration.
    Lowrance / Garmin

6. Member
    I actually thought bcb used euroflex
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBIGUNS View Post
    I will pick the installers brain on how he prepped it. He is as meticulous as they come and can’t speak highly enough of the other work he has done on my boat and friends. His Facebook page is worth a follow. JCS Marine Restoration.
    just a thought. Because when they do a hambya it has to be roughed up (where the hambys goes) and the straps have to be on there for I think a minimum of 8hours? Normally we leave them on overnight

8. Member
    Good info thanks. I had a Hambys installed on my Old Champion and the thing never budged. That was done by an installer I found on the Hambys website.
    Lowrance / Garmin

We do use Euroflex on the installs at BCB.

10. Member
    West marine Hamby told me I believe its called 10-Six epoxy fixed mine used ratchet straps to go around boat snuged up just enough to keep it in place and a work light to keep warm no issue since.