Relocating question

Question for you guys, I’m not looking for secrets or honey holes, just looking at relocating to the St. Cloud area for work and as we look at real estate I’m trying to figure out if there’s anything for bass fishing around St. Cloud without driving to Brainerd or Alexandria.
    Does the area around Cold Spring have any decent lakes? Or is the river much of a producer like some of the lower MN pools? Big Lake or Briggs anything?
    I’m spoiled having a lot of different water to fish around Mankato and just like to position less then a 30mins from a few decent lakes if possible.
    Thanks for any input
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

2. Member
    Horseshoe Chain is a good fishery and with the Zebs in it now it will only get better.

The Shoe Chain would be a cool fishery to have close by. So much water to explore. The first tournament I ever fished there was in the early 2000's and I drew a boater that knew the Chain fairly well. He won the tournament. I would never get bored on that system.