Question Anything bad to say about Triangle brand trailer tires?

Thinking of replacing my original Triangle brand tandem trailer tires only because they are coming up on 10 years old. I haven't had any issues, and they still look good with even wear and plenty of tread. They are $78 vs $126 for Goodyear Endurance that are a popular choice here on BBC. Apparently Triangle specializes in off road, large equipment, and trailer tires, and are made in China.

2. Member
    I personally have never heard of anyone using them on anything, much less a boat trailer. I’ve never even heard of the company. I might try them if I was only pulling my boat a few miles down the road, to the lake a couple of times a month. But I pull my trailer at highway speeds and put a lot of miles on my trailer tires. So I will only use tires that I know are a high quality tire with a great reputation for being a very good tire.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Thinking of replacing my original Triangle brand tandem trailer tires only because they are coming up on 10 years old. I haven't had any issues, and they still look good with even wear and plenty of tread. They are $78 vs $126 for Goodyear Endurance that are a popular choice here on BBC. Apparently Triangle specializes in off road, large equipment, and trailer tires, and are made in China.
    I was always taught to not fix what is not broken.

I would buy the GY because they are made in the USA. I have had some blow outs over the years with China tires. I have never heard of Triangle tires though. 10 year old trailer tires should be replaced IMO.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

They were the original OEM tires that came on my 2014 Basscat Puma. I hadn't heard of them either. I mostly fish lakes within 60 miles. Only 6 trips of 250 miles maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blair B View Post
    I personally have never heard of anyone using them on anything, much less a boat trailer. I’ve never even heard of the company. I might try them if I was only pulling my boat a few miles down the road, to the lake a couple of times a month. But I pull my trailer at highway speeds and put a lot of miles on my trailer tires. So I will only use tires that I know are a high quality tire with a great reputation for being a very good tire.

6. Member
    10 years old needs replacing. If you feel they worked well for you I say go for it. Still better than the ones that are expired.

They were the original OEM tires that came on my 2014 Basscat Puma. I hadn't heard of them either. I mostly fish lakes within 60 miles. Only 6 trips of 250 miles maybe.
    I’d be surprised if they were OEM. Back then, BCB used Cooper Cobras or the Mastercraft equivalent.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

I bought the boat from a guy who bought a new Basscat every year, very early in the model year. It was 9 months old, 28 hours like new boat. He lived on Table Rock Lake. When I told him I had a 500 mile trip home, he said you will be pulling the boat further going home, than I pulled it the entire time I've had it. The spare is also the same tire. I would think it was highly unlikely that he had replaced all 5 tires while he had it. Maybe Basscat had tire supply issues at the time, and substituted the Triangles, IDK, but I believe that's the tires it left Basscat with.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I’d be surprised if they were OEM. Back then, BCB used Cooper Cobras or the Mastercraft equivalent.

9. Member
    I see Triangle trailer tires in Wallyworld for $65.00. Inexpensive enough for sure. Good customer feedback.

I bought the boat from a guy who bought a new Basscat every year, very early in the model year. It was 9 months old, 28 hours like new boat. He lived on Table Rock Lake. When I told him I had a 500 mile trip home, he said you will be pulling the boat further going home, than I pulled it the entire time I've had it. The spare is also the same tire. I would think it was highly unlikely that he had replaced all 5 tires while he had it. Maybe Basscat had tire supply issues at the time, and substituted the Triangles, IDK, but I believe that's the tires it left Basscat with.
    I did a little digging and sure enough, BCB did use Triangle tires on certain wheels during that timeframe.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

11. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I just ordered another set of Triangles. Priced well at $76 at Walmart. They have worked well for nearly 10 years, and after close inspection, still look very good. I'll continue treating them quarterly with the 303 protectant as well.

13. Member
    I would recommend not buying tires from China, can't find a good USA made tire ?

14. Member
    I guess beings a double axle they will see very light use. If you drive fast or use them alot on the e-way I would check the speed rating, you may be surprised. Very few China tires have held up for me. Gladiator being the exception but they are rated at 87 mph and have proven to be a very good tire. I had a triangle for a spare that I got with a trailer that I purchased. I changed a gladiator out that was flat spotted because of loaning a trailer out, I put the triangle on and it made it less than a 100 miles at 80 MPH with a empty trailer. I ended up changing it out at a customers shop and putting the flat spotted tire back on. So I know for a fact speed kills them. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Ended up going with Goodyear Endurance after all. The Triangle tires I ordered looked like a narrower tread width than the ones I had.

16. Member
    Ended up going with Goodyear Endurance after all. The Triangle tires I ordered looked like a narrower tread width than the ones I had.
    just put a set on a new ranger best trailer tire made by miles!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools