Fuel lines 96 Savage 896

I am going to replace all the fuel lines/bulb from the gas tank to the engine. Anyone know what exactly I will be needing?

96 Nitro Savage 896 19TF
    96 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    You'll need a Mercury (or Quicksilver) fuel line, that comes with the bulb. While you're at it, there's a little anti-siphon valve (hose barb with check valve inside) on the elbow on top of your tank. Mine failed and was restricting fuel flow years ago. You might replace that too, as it's pretty cheap and easy. If you post this on the Mercury board here on BBC, I'm sure someone can provide the part numbers or links to what you'll need.
    2000 Bass Cat Classic
    2004 Optimax S/N: 0T795443

3. Member
    I would replace the fuel filter as well in case there are any particles from the old fuel line.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrebass View Post
    I would replace the fuel filter as well in case there are any particles from the old fuel line.
    Yes sir, I have replaced the fuel filter 3 or 4 times. It runs like a top for a couple trips to the lake and then returns to having a hard time getting on plane. I assume there is junk coming out of the fuel lines which is restricting the fuel filter

5. Member
    It might be the same issue I had with older fuel lines. The alcohol in the fuel broke down the interior of my fuel line from tank to motor. It actually looked like sand in fuel filter. Once I replaced the fuel line and filter. Sluggish performance went away and boat ran like new again.