Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Sounds like he shouldn't have to worry about graphs and livescope then...
    I don’t worry or care. It was a joke to bring out the whiners quickly. Once again I succeeded. I had LS and now 360. Its just a tool.

2. Member
    Cool footage Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Sounds like he shouldn't have to worry about graphs and livescope then...

Trust me, he gives less than a damn about who has what....

4. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    The boats with their ride and speed don't seem to have changed much over 20 years but their equipment and prices sure have. Every time KVD was landing a fish in that current I was thinking hit the spot lock! or deploy the poles! . .. Great watch

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    What is the guy fishing out of a canoe?? No graphs or engine other than his arms and oar. A super duper pure fisherman.
    A purist, or smart, cause he didn’t waste life savings on catching a green fish. LOL.

I literally just made an observation, amazing what 20 years has done to a sport. They still catch them the same way, but the tech has changed dramatically. I have spot lock and 1 pole. Not saying it should be the way it was back then now. I am fine with progress, I just don’t blow my money on it.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

6. dartag1829
    Back when they were on TV without all the commericials. Saturday mornings were all about fishing shows. Good times.

I have watched almost everyone of Lynn's videos. It's amazing how things have changed including how skinny the average American WAS.

8. Member
    No wrapped boats with sponsors all over them. No jerseys advertising sponsors. No 50 rods on the front deck. They had a 150HP limit for a while, my 1993 19' Charger has a BASS certified emblem on the side and came with a 150 Yamaha ProV. I like the first scene in this video. Basil Bacon has a raised platform on the front deck and runs a hand controlled trolling motor with his foot. Also there isn't 3-4 12" graphs on the front of the boat.
    Last edited by charg295; 02-07-2023 at 09:30 AM.

9. Member
    John Cox and Keith Poche still doing ok old school lol
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by charg295 View Post
    No wrapped boats with sponsors all over them. No jerseys advertising sponsors. No 50 rods on the front deck. They had a 150HP limit for a while, my 1993 19' Charger has a BASS certified emblem on the side and came with a 150 Yamaha ProV. I like the first scene in this video. Basil Bacon has a raised platform on the front deck and runs a hand controlled trolling motor with his foot. Also there isn't 3-4 12" graphs on the front of the boat.

The cool thing is you can still fish that exact way if you want. No one is making anyone fish a certain way or making them use the latest and greatest.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The cool thing is you can still fish that exact way if you want. No one is making anyone fish a certain way or making them use the latest and greatest.
    Exactly. I have the latest and greatest, but my last 2 tournaments of 2022 I never even turned my electronics on. Won both of them.

12. Member
    What I get out of it.......

Hearing good 'ol Jerry.

I enjoyed listening to him. Just a calming voice that went perfectly with that show.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    What I get out of it.......

Hearing good 'ol Jerry.

I enjoyed listening to him. Just a calming voice that went perfectly with that show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12