Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    totally false...
    Not false, stator systems do not have current limiting controll, voltage only. The battery is the resistor that limits current flow. Low resistance batteries will allow for to much current flow causing self destruction
    There have been hundreds of post on these forums regarding this matter
    No problem if the efi motor use a alternator system
    Thank You Leon Pugh

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Not false, stator systems do not have current limiting controll, voltage only. The battery is the resistor that limits current flow. Low resistance batteries will allow for to much current flow causing self destruction
    There have been hundreds of post on these forums regarding this matter
    No problem if the efi motor use a alternator system
    no issue with our cranker on a stator system, I've also run a impulse cranker on a stator system personally w zero issues. Guess just all depends on what cranker brand of lithium your using.

no issue with our cranker on a stator system, I've also run a impulse cranker on a stator system personally w zero issues. Guess just all depends on what cranker brand of lithium your using.
    You have got this wrong, watch the bluetooth charging data while running and you will see the charge system is delivering maximum current flow into the lithium battery untill fully charged. On short runs you get away with this for a while, long runs or extended use and you will cook the system
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    You have got this wrong, watch the bluetooth charging data while running and you will see the charge system is delivering maximum current flow into the lithium battery untill fully charged. On short runs you get away with this for a while, long runs or extended use and you will cook the system
    sorry to disappoint. But we have a ton of crankers running in stator systems without issue. My personal etec ho has run a lithium for 2 years now and I've done several 80 plus mile roundtrip runs as well as 1 180 round trip run
    Without fail. Cant count number of 40 mile round-trip runs. So while you may think I have this wrong proof is actually just doing it. System remains "uncooked" .

Does the BMS protect the battery from overcharge? I.e. If you make a long run and the charging system puts out 15.5 volts the entire time, how does the BMS respond to that?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    Does the BMS protect the battery from overcharge? I.e. If you make a long run and the charging system puts out 15.5 volts the entire time, how does the BMS respond to that?

I’ve wondered this too and does it hurt the lithiums to always be at full charge. A person would have to have a massive drain of graphs to not have a cranking battery at full charge all the time.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    I’ve wondered this too and does it hurt the lithiums to always be at full charge. A person would have to have a massive drain of graphs to not have a cranking battery at full charge all the time.
    Call or Text DrewCraft....he spent 20-30 minutes on the phone with me and answered every question I had and even ones I had not thought of. He explained the BMS, overcharging concerns, etc... that I had. Can't thank him enough.

8. Member
    Anyone running a single 24V 100ah for their 80lb trolling motor ?
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Southfork View Post
    Anyone running a single 24V 100ah for their 80lb trolling motor ?
    we have a ton of customers running twin 60 ah 12 volts or our 24 volt 60 ah
    , some running twin 100 ah 12 volts happy go over your setup with you, go over best options

sorry to disappoint. But we have a ton of crankers running in stator systems without issue. My personal etec ho has run a lithium for 2 years now and I've done several 80 plus mile roundtrip runs as well as 1 180 round trip run
    Without fail. Cant count number of 40 mile round-trip runs. So while you may think I have this wrong proof is actually just doing it. System remains "uncooked" .
    Some Rudes with a stator system did in fact have a current limiter, No mercs have one.
    Does no disappoint me, no skin off my back, Butt others out there will pay the price for doing this. You have been warned.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12