compressor end cap

serial number 1B839289 i have removed the end cap to check the condition of the compressor and it looks good. I need to install the end cap and am going to order o-rings, but I see that in the manual it says to use threebond 1217F sealant and to make sure to not let any sealant get in the undercut above the o-ring in the picutue. Is this product necessary? There was not any on the end cap when I removed it. If it is needed, how would this be applied and not get any in the undercut? Would it have to be a 1/8" bead that is fully cured before installing? It is pretty tight now without this material.
    thanks

20230128_162338.jpg

2. Member
    That looks like ultra gray, ultra gray is sensor safe, idea is to give it a guaranteed seal, always coat o rings after install with 2 stroke oil, lightly. I use ultra gray with no issues, done a few. Always lube up bearing in top and rod bearing prior to sealing up. Remember to torque cap bolts also, do not let dry, ultra gray, just get tacky and install
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    ^^^^^ + 1 , was compressor noisy or debris found in rails ?????
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Thanks DewRon, that is the info that I needed as well as lubing the top bearing. I wonder why it wasn't sealed off prior to me removing the cap.

5. Member
    Joe; no it was not noisy and I found nothing as far as debris. I just needed peace of mind and wanted a look inside.
    thank you
    Last edited by LaTriton; 02-07-2023 at 07:53 AM. Reason: let a word out