Rubber Coated Impeller Baseplate..

Ser# 2B689056..has anyone seen or had experience with the baseplate that has the top gasket rubber attached to the baseplate? It is offered by Engineered Marine Products (don’t know how to post link or would) i could see where this might be a good alternative to the paper gasket/perfect seal combo to aid in not blowing out part of the top gasket that happens sometimes..search it out and take a look, looks kinda interesting to me..and yes, i know its not a Mercury branded product per say..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

2. BBC SPONSOR
    We use the 450R plate on repeat gasket offenders. It is coated in rubber with a scoop that will increase pressure a smidge.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

3. Member
    Not a 300 nor a 4 stroke on my end but on my 200 pro xs I use 866233001 mercury part # been using one for several yrs.
    Last edited by Redngoo; 02-08-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    We use the 450R plate on repeat gasket offenders. It is coated in rubber with a scoop that will increase pressure a smidge.
    Does this 450R baseplate that you speak of fit the 300 & 250 4s Pro XS’s Torquemasters with no problems? Do you have the Mercury part# for it? Thanks..
    2020 Basscat Lynx..
    2020 Mercury 300 Pro XS 4S..

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This was discussed in some technical training last year. Consensus was to NOT use the plate with the ramp on it in lower HP models as it could potentially interfere with proper engine temps being reached under certain circumstances.

The suggestion HAS been made to use sealant under the upper gasket (impeller gasket) to prevent it from blowing out. Perfect Seal, Aviation Sealant, or Indian-Head work well.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor