Thread: EGGFLATION

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Not sure why you all think the price of eggs or grocerys for the matter should be cheaper. What else do you buy that hasn't risen in price significantly the last three years?

2. Member
    If they have frozen stock that sits out and thaws, they have to mark it down. That's what the $1.75 ones were. Once the new ones arrive the price goes back to normal.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronn812 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it. If I can catch something on sale for breakfast I will buy it. If not I'll eat leftovers from dinner the night before or whatever I have in pantry/fridge. Example, today had some leftover brisket and a 50 cent yogurt.

I try to spend as little as possible. Sorry but some aren't made of money like evidently a lot on here are.
    I don’t see anything wrong with trying to save a few bucks. I’m a BBC peasant too.

BUT you can make those breakfast bowls for much cheaper than buying them so if someone is trying to save money, then buying prepared food isn’t the way to go.

dozen eggs- $4
    breakfast sausage - $3/pound
    shredded potatoes - $3 for 1.5lbs
    frozen peppers and onions - $2.22 14oz bag

figure you need 2 eggs, 2oz sausage, 2oz of potatoes, and 2oz of peppers and onions. Which is about 1oz heavier than the prepared breakfast.

that’s $1.60 for one breakfast that’s healthier for you, and 33% more food. Takes 10 min to make and you can make a big batch to have throughout the week.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I'm not defending myself but I am frugal. I'm 80, I have money in the bank, a bass boat, just bought a new 200 HP motor for it last year (cash of course $16,000+)and I go where and when I want.
    My posting was a 30% increase in my breakfast staple. A dollar a day, give or take. I consider that excessive. I eat breakfast 30 days a month or so, no big deal unless you multiply that by 366, which is ABOUT $365.00.
    It's said if you watch your nickles and dimes the dollars will take care of themselves, so if $300+ is going out of my hands I watch, and try to do something about it. That's why I could walk into the dealer and plop cash money on the table, not charge it.

Eggs=motor. Get it?
    Just think, if you hadn't bought that motor, you could have afforded the current price of your breakfast bowls for the next 43 years.......

This is about as funny as the guys rolling around in $150k+ worth of truck and boat complaining about the price of gas.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Eggs around here are about 3.25 or so a dozen. I havent really priced them over time but is this crazy expensive?
    Absolutely. I paid 4.09 the other day. A year ago, they were .89 a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    So like 3 dollars every 2 weeks?
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Around here, they're almost twice that if you buy the organic free range eggs. And yes, they do taste better.

Its 2023! Things cost more money than 1982.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    So like 3 dollars every 2 weeks?
    I get it. Compared to a lot of other foods, it's not a lot of money. But over 300% in a year is more of an increase than just about anything I can think of. Luckily, I don't eat a lot of eggs!

10. Member
    It adds up quick when the cost of nearly everything is increasing like that (and faster than wage increases).

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Eggs around here are about 3.25 or so a dozen. I havent really priced them over time but is this crazy expensive?
    Lot more than that where I lived in PA. Just moved to Florida and eggs are even more expensive here. I'm thinking of becoming a chicken farmer. When the chickens stop laying, I can sell their wings for $2 apiece. Breast for $8. Can't lose. Course my idea of prices might be because I am getting my chicken meat from KFC.

12. Member
    You don't need to defend yourself to me. I stick a toothpick through every worm and hook eye to make them last longer and loved shopping for the green meat specials at food lion. "Oh look honey, this ham is half price and it's only a little grey."

My kids say I'm cheap, I say they just haven't ever been poor enough.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 191 champ View Post
    You don't need to defend yourself to me. I stick a toothpick through every worm and hook eye to make them last longer and loved shopping for the green meat specials at food lion. "Oh look honey, this ham is half price and it's only a little grey."

My kids say I'm cheap, I say they just haven't ever been poor enough.

I’ve worked to not be poor so I don’t have to worry about 69 cents difference in egg bowls or buying grey meat.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

14. Banned
    Next it will be 6.99 for 10 eggs being called a dozen just like coffee being shorted being called a pond toliet paper use to be 425 double ply14.99 Costco now 380 19.90 double ply I think NOT

15. Member
    NBC reported eggs were up 32% in 2022 and are expecting a 11% increase this year. Meanwhile social security raises were up 8.7%. Of course social security is in the budget bullseye with politicians. Transportation, housing, almost every necessity was up over 8.7%.

16. Banned

17. Member
    Ahhhhh Have you ate fast food lately? $2.82 is a friggin steal!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

18. Banned
    it's not a coincidence

Massive Fire Destroys New Zealand's Largest Egg Producer, Kills 50,000 Hens Amid National Shortage

Wife paid $5 for 18 extra-large Monday at Wally World. Was $8 a week ago .
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

20. Member
    We love to whine. Could be dealing with war or massive earthquakes.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast