Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It is littering. I throw mine in a cup holder just in front of the console. Makes them easy to grab and throw in the trash when fishing is done.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

2. Banned
    we used to when i was a kid. cig butts to, but we also used to shit in the lake so

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    we used to when i was a kid. cig butts to, but we also used to shit in the lake so
    At least the shit was biodegradable.

4. #FRB
    I don't do it but know others that do and cringe when I see them do it. My used plastics get tossed against the console and at the end of the trip stuffed in a used water bottle. If the plastic floats I'll keep my net out to scoop them out of the water if it gets slung and I can see where it went. Some of them plastics ain't cheap and gonna catch as many as I can off each one!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

In some cases the fish throw the bait into the lake for you. Not all of it is a person throwing it into the water.

That being said, I hate seeing anyone throw plastics into the water, well anything for that matter!
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

6. Member
    I used to always throw them in boat, and trash them in a garbage can. Then I seen on here people saying they can be melted and reused. So have some ripped up ones saved.

7. Member
    Agree that it is littering, there are a lot of viewers that will see that and think it's OK for them to do as well making it an even bigger problem.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

Save your plastics and either use Mend-It and save a bunch of money or give them to someone who pours plastics to recycle. All colors melted together make a great green pumpkin type color.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Wife and I ,find them at the ramp all the time. I just toss them in our boat and get rid of them after we get home. Some times they ( ?) throw away some unused ones ?
    One time we picked up about 5-6 soft craw type baits . I caught some of my best fish on them that year !

10. Member
    It is hard for me to fathom someone would be stupid enough to throw line in the lake but anymore??? CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

11. Member
    I never throw them overboard. I usually just throw them in the floor of the boat or in by day box/junk box and clean them out when I get home. Same for pop cans, water bottles and other trash. I hate to see litter but unfortunately, down here, it’s a common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    as for cigarette butts I don't smoke but they are biodegradable so I don't see a problem.
    The filters are nowhere near biodegradable. And that's the bulk of what people are tossing out their windows.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

You can always tell when I have had a good day fishing by the amount of bitten off 1/2" pieces of senkos that are in the floor of the boat, torn up craws, etc. Sometimes I get more bites on a bait I have bitten off the torn up head of the bait and now it is about half the size of a new bait. Some baits are either hard to find locally, or they quit making my favorite color, so I have a cheap soldering iron that I use to repair them, it isn't perfect but does work pretty well for melting the top of a beaver style bait back together where it will hold a hook again.

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    ...Some baits are either hard to find locally, or they quit making my favorite color, so I have a cheap soldering iron that I use to repair them, it isn't perfect but does work pretty well for melting the top of a beaver style bait back together where it will hold a hook again.

Try Bill's (bilgerat) homemade 'Mend-It' recipe... It works great; I'll get a minimum 2 to 3 uses out of some of my more expensive/scarce plastics.

Mend-it recipe (bbcboards.net)
    Who controls John Gill?

15. Member
    It chafes my rear too. Always have a small bag on boat and tell those fishing with me to put their used plastics in a cup holder or bag. May get into recycling them into senkos when a bucket is filled.

The ramp parking lots are just as bad because of people throwing their trash, plastics and line on the ground.

17. Member
    Bottom of my boat looks like a plastic worm factory after I go fishing. Just get home and throw them away. Not that difficult.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    The filters are nowhere near biodegradable. And that's the bulk of what people are tossing out their windows.
    Most filters are made of celulose acetate, which is a biodegradable product.

19. Member
    Hopefully I pull more out of the lake then I throw in.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

I know if there was value in blown up senkos, I would start a recovery business. In our clear water you can see them all over the place. If you catch a trout for dinner as a by product of bass fishing in the spring.... chances are it has a senko in its belly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast