Restoring flexibility to old jars of Super Pork split tail trailers ?

Anyone have any tricks if this is even possible . The baits have been stored in full jars of the original solution but are no longer as flexible as before .

Hammer or a meat tenderizer hammer. I use a hammer on my pork rind to make the tails thinner and flow better.

3. Member
    I also remember seeing an old (1980s?) trick of making parallel cuts across the meat of the pork rind to give it more action.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmy-rt188p View Post
    I also remember seeing an old (1980s?) trick of making parallel cuts across the meat of the pork rind to give it more action.
    Yup we would cut across the thick belly part of the #11 and #1 pork frogs making flow better

Get a inuit lady to naw on them a while.... if you have old jars, rinse well, and put new salt solution, use canning salt. I put mine in quart nalgene jars. I had cases of pork, all have been moved to the nalgene bottles. They are back making 11s, I doubt they will get to 101s, but I probably will have enough for my life time....

capital one bank number
    Last edited by basscat21; 02-09-2023 at 12:53 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Get a inuit lady to naw on them a while.... if you have old jars, rinse well, and put new salt solution, use canning salt. I put mine in quart nalgene jars. I had cases of pork, all have been moved to the nalgene bottles. They are back making 11s, I doubt they will get to 101s, but I probably will have enough for my life time....

capital one bank number
    Those 101s will go perfect on those maribou jigs you tied.

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Those 101s will go perfect on those maribou jigs you tied.
    I put them on the bucktails, normally 1/8 and 1/4 ibuse 11s. I pretty much fish the marabou with a piece of plastic to up the weight.