light on performance

Hi ya'll, somewhat of a new boater with a new to me 2021 avx1980 with a 150 pro fx. picked her up fri and was able to get out for a few hours today. I picked the boat up it had 23 hours on it. Dealer had done the 20 hour service on time and the owner parked it shortly after in aug of 22 with a half tank of gas. I bought it after running it on muffs and checking the hull the best i could. topped off the tank with 87 octane 100% . well, the bilge was pretty dry while riding around and maybe a cup when i pulled the plug. I did check the bilge several times while being on the lake and it looked fine. My concern though, is the boat seemed as it was plowing water at a couple clicks below fully trimmed up, getting about 46 mph on gps, and when i trimmed it to the max it threw more rooster tail than i expected. probably 2 feet higher than the motor... or so. boat seemed to get on plane quick enough. the motor has no jack plate and sits with 1 hole at the top showing. live wells were empty and it was the mrs and i with a couple poles. occupancy weight was about 350. The guy claims it ran 55 and i see others get at least that. I'm going to go to my vexus dealer wed to transfer the warranties and see if he has the solution. what do you all think could be holding her back? Is there something I could do? maybe water separator or something? when i first started it up it did idle a little rough. seemed it smoothed out when warmed. I was not looking at the tach either, ignorance on my part, so i don't know what rpms it was running thanks any input is appreciated.

2. Member
    Not saying you don't have another issue, but I see a lot of people brag about their speed, and then eventually find out they were looking at the Vexus installed gauge, and not their graph that displays GPS speed. I only get about 48MPH with me and my dad in the boat and up to about 54mph alone under ideal water conditions. Everything else you are seeing is very similar to what I see. Only differences are my dealer said to go with 89 octane and I have a 6" manual jackplate.
    2022 Falcon F195

3. Member
    see what prop you have and compare to others. if you can't get lift re-adjust weight. I think somes guys have installed a wedge

My buddy has the same boat, that is about what he is getting also. I think you are about right for speed.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

5. Member
    i have a 23 p prop and whatever it was that was holding it back is now cleared out. getting 52 ish into the wind and quite content with its performance.

6. Member
    You did not say what the tach is reading. Are you running at full RPMs?
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

7. Member
    About 50 for me by myself in good conditions without really messing around too much and no JP.

8. Member
    I get 55 by myself, 52ish with a partner. I usually run about 35 though.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS