Brand new Helix 12 MSI g4n super grainy image returns

Just updated my old console unit (gen 1 helix 12 SI non mega) to a new 12 MSI gen4. All of my returns don’t seem great. The MDI and MSI images are not on par with my helix 9 MSI G3n that I have upfront. I can’t figure it out. The MDI is super grainey/pixelated and the water column is completely covered with stuff 24/7. Transducer is mounted on the right side of my jackplate exactly where the old unit’s transducer was mounted so the motor and all of that shouldn’t be an issue because I didn’t have issues with the old unit. My helix 9 g3n is pretty clear so today I check the images upfront on the 9 and at the console on the 12 then swapped head units because they use the same model transducer. The 9” MSI & MDI became super grainey when hooked to the brand new console transducer. When I took the 12” up front and connected it to the trolling motor transducer the MSI was noticeably clearer and the MDI was much better but not clear. What could be the issue? Both units had all settings 100% the same and hooked to the same battery (cranking). When I put the 9” back at the trolling motor where it goes it was crystal clear and my new 12” seems to be completely worthless. I could see stuff much better with my old non mega unit. Issue is constant whether I’m idling or sitting still with motor off. Could it be interference? Bad unit or transducer? I will upload some pics I took. Any help will be much appreciated!

2. Member

3. Member
    They look like the screen has too much sensitivity/ contrast. If you get new units the settings will not be the same as the old units. Your old unit has less power. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

I agree looks like sensitivity is too high for your eyes also adjust the contrast
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

5. Member
    But why would the new unit clear up when connected to another transducer( same model transducer that comes with the new unit) and all parameters are set the same contrast, sensitivity, water column clarity, etc. I would think The head unit has more power but if you connect it to two different MSI transducers the images should look the same if all settings are the same. Or is that not right?

6. Member
    Your old unit has a weaker transducer. I doubt it is the same. The new transducers(+ designation) are capable of much stronger signals. Try new settings.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    Not trying to be funny, but did you remove the tape from the new transducer?