2007 200hp Yamaha bogging down.

Just started doing this, it’s been running fine. It will not get on your lane. Put in a new fuel filter and that didn’t help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Think I may have found my problem. The bubble in the gas line looses pressure in just a few minutes.

3. Member
    Are you speaking of the water fuel/separating filter? If so i always add fresh filtered clean gas inside the filter to 1/2 way mark. I found if i did not it was hard to get the system primed.

Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    Are you speaking of the water fuel/separating filter? If so i always add fresh filtered clean gas inside the filter to 1/2 way mark. I found if i did not it was hard to get the system primed.
    Thanks!! Going to change the water fuel filter too.

5. Member
    Did you replace the Vst filter? If so did you make sure the rubber o ring was still in place underside vst top? If you have a hdpi there are about 5 secret filters near vst tank. I would also check fuel pressure.

Did you replace the Vst filter? If so did you make sure the rubber o ring was still in place underside vst top? If you have a hdpi there are about 5 secret filters near vst tank. I would also check fuel pressure.
    I did replace it a few years ago. I put a new bubble in the gas line. I can pump it up and it goes back soft. Still haven’t solved it yet. Thanks

7. Member
    Was it the primer bulb (bubble) that was replaced? Was it installed with the arrow facing towards the motor? If so I would suggest using a portable gas tank. It is possible the gas lines are cracked and it is sucking air. What year is the boat?

Was it the primer bulb (bubble) that was replaced? Was it installed with the arrow facing towards the motor? If so I would suggest using a portable gas tank. It is possible the gas lines are cracked and it is sucking air. What year is the boat?
    2007 stratos 294xl. Just started this a couple of weeks ago. Ran fine before that.

New fuel line, new plugs and fuel filters solved my problem. Boat runs great once again. Thanks for the replies!!