200EFI 3.0L Sat idle for 9+ years

Guys I have a 2004 EFI 3.0l that has sat unused since 2014. The motor has less than 200 hours and all fuel was drained prior to storage. What maintenance or checks would be recommended to have done prior to use? My kids have gotten in to fishing and I finally have time to take them just want to avoid motor troubles on our first trips out. Thanks for any advice and fell free to chastise me for letting a boat set for that long.

Serial number is 0T933175
    Last edited by russinbr; 02-05-2023 at 11:13 AM. Reason: adding info:

2. Member
    First, add your serial number to insure you receive the correct advice from the pros.
    Next, start reading this post.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=22038

Water pump and fuel lines/bulb are probably at the top of the list.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

3. Member
    ^^^^^^^^ + as well as complete fuel system cleaning and repair
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Great motor IMO. Mine has 700 hours and still runs great. I am anal about maintenance though

5. Member
    might wanna replace those very thin metal reeds also
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    I had a 3.0 liter EFI for quite some time and it was a great motor. It was very, very strong. Best part was it was nearly bullet proof as far as reliability. The Fuel consumption was so bad though. I mean it was really thirsty!!

Spark plugs, Fuel system clean out and filter replacement, Fuel line replacement water pump/impellor replacement, check reeds, lower unit oil replacement. That should be a good start.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Complete fuel injector and VST service. The fuel injectors are basically the lubrication system so they are critical.
    Mercury 3.0l 225EFI
    2001, 0T264057
    250XB Fuel ECU
    300PM ING ECU
    Lightened Flywheel
    63cc heads
    Boyesen 2stage reeds
    Cowl mod

8. Member
    Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. I changed all fuel lines from tank to motor, replaced filter and serviced the pulse pump and vst. All were spotless and clean. Pulled fuel level from tank and inspected a bone dry tank just to be sure. Emptied remote oil tank and motor tank then refilled. New plugs gapped at .40. Water pump and lower unit serviced also. I plan to inspect reeds and have fuel injectors and fuel rails done soon but I am wondering if I should run it a few times to see if any issues before sending the rails and injectors to Mr. Weed. I installed the vessel view mobile also and was shocked I only had 100.6 hours on motor. Any further advice is greatly appreciated.

9. Member
    hose on engine fuel system ??? wondering = gambling