Thread: The Bush Clash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Bush Clash

NASCAR should have left this race in Daytona. Just another stupid move.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    yup

3. Member
    Agree,

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Scary to see all those flames inside the 54 car today

I think they rushed this next gen car and drivers are at risk

Just look at all the injuries from minor rear end collisions and the fact that Kurt Bush is still out with a brain injury and may never return and that crash didn't look that bad
    "The handicapped angler"

Nah- it's fine. They are trying something new. If this temporary track proves to be a viable option, it opens up all sorts of racing locations. 2 points races and the twin 125s is enough for Daytona.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Everything that they do is killing the sport. Nothing is like it used to be. That place just isn't made for a Nascar race. Just like hauling in clay to put on Bristol. It is not a dirt tract. Rovals and more road courses. Don't like what they have done to the sport.

8. Member
    Arena racing is pretty cool, but these cars are too big for most arenas

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Since they won’t go back to Rockingham with a points race they should move it there. Rockingham just got repaved in December. I love that they are taking the All star race to North Wilkesboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk R View Post
    Everything that they do is killing the sport. Nothing is like it used to be. That place just isn't made for a Nascar race. Just like hauling in clay to put on Bristol. It is not a dirt tract. Rovals and more road courses. Don't like what they have done to the sport.
    This is an exaggeration. Some things Nascar tries works and some don't. I applaud them for at least trying new things. People tend to look back at the past with rose-colored glasses overlooking the flawed schedule, boring racing at times, and uneventful conclusion to the season. The reality is the Chase with the 3 elimination races is excellent at creating drama and excitement. They've added some new race tracks and taken away a second race at some tracks. Sure, Texas sucks, the Next Gen car has not been good at road courses and short tracks, and I'm skeptical that the Chicago road course will be any good but they've made some good decisions like North Wilksboro, improving the racing at intermediate tracks, and creating a new superspeedway at Atlanta. I'm pumped about the start of the season!
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

11. Member
    They messed up Atlanta IMO. The old track put on some Great races.

12. Member
    I have nothing against new tracks. NASCAR really messed up going to the cookie cutter mile and a half tracks. Should have ran more short tracks.

13. Member
    Obviously it's a TV event only. It'll be full tomorrow night but it's empty now.

There trying so hard to move away from their southern roots that made them so much money.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    This is an exaggeration. Some things Nascar tries works and some don't. I applaud them for at least trying new things. People tend to look back at the past with rose-colored glasses overlooking the flawed schedule, boring racing at times, and uneventful conclusion to the season. The reality is the Chase with the 3 elimination races is excellent at creating drama and excitement. They've added some new race tracks and taken away a second race at some tracks. Sure, Texas sucks, the Next Gen car has not been good at road courses and short tracks, and I'm skeptical that the Chicago road course will be any good but they've made some good decisions like North Wilksboro, improving the racing at intermediate tracks, and creating a new superspeedway at Atlanta. I'm pumped about the start of the season!
    Agree with you. Don't watch like I used to but understand why they are tinkering so much. Bottom line is 50 yrs and older like myself are a dying market for them. To survive long term they somehow need to figure out how to adapt to these younger generations that could care less about HP and muscle cars then we did.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    There trying so hard to move away from their southern roots that made them so much money.
    I'm not sure about the venue's changing too much in the past 20 years? But the direction definitely has in the last 10 years or less for sure

17. Member
    Spot on!QUOTE=Kirk R;12863793]Everything that they do is killing the sport. Nothing is like it used to be. That place just isn't made for a Nascar race. Just like hauling in clay to put on Bristol. It is not a dirt tract. Rovals and more road courses. Don't like what they have done to the sport.[/QUOTE]

18. Member
    This will just be another dagger in the heart of nascar “racing”. It’s not racing if nobody can pass with a better setup.

19. Member
    I Disagree on leaving it at Daytona. To me the clash has always been a snooze fest, just a bunch of cars drafting in a conga line. At least on this short track they will actually have to race each other. As a big fan of short tracks i like the format better than a super speedway.

I totally agree with RipNLips, the Rock would be a great place to put this race. That place and Wilksboro are two places i miss seeing races at.

20. Member
    NASCAR needs to fix a lot of things:
    1. No cautions at end of stages
    2. cars need more power and less spoiler at Daytona, Talledega, and Atlanta
    3. I don’t love the chase. It really cheapens the importance of the first 2/3 of the season
    4. The clash at the coliseum is awful. Track is too small for stock cars
    5. Tapered spacers need to go. No sense going from 900hp a few years ago to 670 now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast