2004 Bassmaster Classic Tr-21x Question

I purchased this 2004 Triton in Feb of 2022. I have am having trouble finding an in hull transducer. If it has one, I am overlooking it or just dont know what i am looking at. I took everything out of the back of the boat this afternoon and cleaned all around the bilge pumps and livewell pumps. I looked up the manual on-line and struck out there also.

Does anyone know if those boat come with a in or shoot through hull transducer and if so where would they be located.

Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    ta

2. Member
    Should have a glassed in transducer right next to the auto bilge pump float switch.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    Thanks lighting 6. Appreciate the help. I went back out in shop and found it. Its not actually under a Float switch its under the livewell hoses or the left side. I could not see it because i thought it was a bracket holding op the hose. I traced several wires until one matched up. now i have to back trace wire and see where the other end. I think it had gotten pulled off or taken off at some point.

4. Member
    Probably a lowrance transducer and you’ll find the connector under the console.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    Mine actually came with Pinpoint units. I had to install a Lowrance transducer when I changed out to LCX units. And yes, it is a PITA to get to, get the old one out, and put a new one in.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    [QUOTE=NoCAL;12869396]Mine actually came with Pinpoint units. I had to install a Lowrance transducer when I changed out to LCX units. And yes, it is a PITA to get to, get the old one out, and put a new one in.

NoCAL[/QUOTE

NoCal am I wrong on this or does the new 3-1 transducers that come with the HDS 12 live not read depth at a speed up to 55mph?
    I was planning on putting another new transducer in the boat but I thought I read somewhere the 3-1 transducer would read depth at fast speed. Sorry for my ignorance.

7. Member
    55 might be pushing any externally mounted transducer. The 3in1 is a compromise at best IMO. If mounted optimally for sidescanning, it won't work well for depth on plane. If mounted optimally for depth on-plane, it won't work well while side scanning. However with perfect mounting it can function adequately at both functions. 55 is certainly possible but probably not much more than that.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    Thanks appreciate the help.