Trim issues…Need Help

I have a 2018 Phoenix 21 PHX with 2018 250 2-stroke Merc. I lost all trim at bow, blinker, and gear shift but trim works on the motor itself. I’ve tried tracking wires from each but don’t see a problem. Haven’t not found a fuse yet either. Guy at Phoenix mentioned something about the wiring harness on motor. Anyone have any insight where to look???

2. Member
    I had similar issue with my 2016 175 ProXS.
    Root cause was two (2) faulted relays under the cowling. Parts ~ $40.00
    Labor $100.00 A one fix.
    Hope this helps.

Do you have power to everything else? Sounds like maybe an accessory circuit has tripped/lost power. Do you have resettable breakers under the console?

I have power to everything else. I have tried resetting all breakers I can find.

Dang, well let us know what you find. One other thing to maybe check is that the resettable breaker is actually letting power through it. On my old Champion, i had a couple go bad and you wouldnt know the were bad until i checked power on both sides of it. They wouldnt trip, just plain did not work, im assuming they crapped out internally. Hoping its an easy fix for ya
    I guess if ya have power everywhere, that may not be it either though...
    Last edited by Jasonrs; 02-06-2023 at 08:11 AM.

6. Member
    I’ll admit up front that the faults with the trim on my rig may not apply to your situation.
    However, what you’re describing sounds familiar.
    I went through similar diagnostics regarding checking breaker integrity, fuses, high resistance connectiins, and wiring faults.
    Found no issues.
    The 2 trim relays that faulted on my 175 Pro XS are “Zettler” relays, PN # AZ973-1C-12DC4.
    Both are located under the motor cowling.
    The trim up relay had an internal short resulting in a complete internal meltdown of the relay.
    The trim down relay also faulted which caused a continuous down trim mode.
    I had both relays replaced and all appears well going on 1year.
    Hope you find the problem and please post the root cause of failure.
    Good Luck!!