Thread: Croxton 24 xl

Croxton 24 xl

#2B742662
    250 proxs v8
    Will running a non oem prop, like a 24xl be an issue should any warranty concerns come up? Running a 24 fury 3, but interested in trying out one of Marks razor xl's. TIA
    Only reason i ask is i saw where one boat manufacturer recommended staying with oem props for this reason.

2. Member
    boat manufactures don't make money off of marks props is their issue with non oem props!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Absolutely no problem with running another brand propeller, as long as the prop permits the engine to reach the recommended WOT RPM's properly.

Any DAMAGE caused by use of that prop would obviously NOT be covered under the engine warranty (only items that come to mind would be prop blade failure or incorrect propeller pitch/RPM selection causing powerhead damage, as examples).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Absolutely no problem with running another brand propeller, as long as the prop permits the engine to reach the recommended WOT RPM's properly.

Any DAMAGE caused by use of that prop would obviously NOT be covered under the engine warranty (only items that come to mind would be prop blade failure or incorrect propeller pitch/RPM selection causing powerhead damage, as examples).
    Thanks don, i guess thats my main concern, if i were to sling a blade and cause damage to the lower unit. I think you answered my question.