2019 Z17 Base Transducer Mounting Options

I recently purchased a base level 2019 Z17 and am starting to plan out replacing the crummy electronics and trolling motor.

At this point I’m leaning towards a Lowrance Elite FS 9 flush mounted at the helm. Unfortunately this rig didn’t come with a jack plate. I’m trying to figure out where to mount the Lowrance 3-in-1 transducer. Without a jack plate where/how would you recommend mounting this transducer (trying to avoid simply screwing into the transom if possible)?

Congrats on the new rig!

I would suggest not flush mounting anything - there are plenty of cheap options for mounting graphs that keep them up where you can still adjust them some. You'll also be able to see things better than if they are flush mounted.

If you are mounting a transducer to the stern of the hull and don't have a jack plate, you can either drill holes and use silicone or try a product like this:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Ster...ge-STRNSV.html

I've used one on a previous boat and it worked well. Biggest thing either way is to make sure you get the transducer mounted in a location that isn't obstructed at all and that it's level. Lots of good YouTube videos out there on doing it.

Good luck!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Thanks Rob! I had come across those Stern Saver options (both the epoxy and 3M styles) but was a bit leery after having read some reviews questioning their reliability. So it’s good to hear some positive real world feedback!