Thread: Housing market

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Angry Housing market

For those of you thinking about moving here, I just read an article written by the realtor assn that shows that the median price for a house here is almost 400K and the average rent payment is over 2K per month, Naturally, not all rents and houses cost that amount, but with the amount of people moving here, they can't seem to build fast enough.
    The strain is taking a toll on not just our fishing, but on the infrastructure as well. It is not a pretty sight and it's getting worse. Really sad to see a state get run down like we are getting down here.

2. Member
    400K is pretty attractive for people out of Country, probably why so many people are moving there or buying real-estate as an investment.

3. Banned
    300K for a 1300sf ft house that has a zero lot line? You say Bless You when your neighbor sneezes,,,,LOL
    I think that it should be required that you become a citizen prior to being able to buy real estate in the US

4. Member
    What you should do is encourage it but tax it appropriately and put that money back into infrastructure upgrades, schools etc...

5. Banned
    Lord know we can use upgrades for out roads and bridges here

6. Member
    Looking down there now. That’s actually decent pricing. Prices are dropping. Been watching the trend. All my family lives in Florida now.
    Basscat!

7. Banned
    What area you looking in?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRR884 View Post
    Looking down there now. That’s actually decent pricing. Prices are dropping. Been watching the trend. All my family lives in Florida now.
    Number of people I knew moved up there. And one of my past bosses, that operated Empire Elite Construction out of Lakeland Florida, is trying to sell everything and move up there.
    16755991906154121723597001587573.jpg16755991906154121723597001587573.jpg

9. Member
    Born here in FL. Absolutely sickening to see what our state is turning into. All the land that used to be off the Turpike, 429, in Lake county, etc. SICKENING!!! Developers turning rural areas into neighborhoods with zero lot lines. Places like John’s lake had all the beautiful land and cypress trees ripped out and replaced with zero lot line houses. Bought my house back in 2013. Insurance has quadrupled (literally) and property taxes have doubled, traffic is absolutely insane anywhere you go. Florida is no longer Florida anymore.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

10. Banned
    Yankees are the devil.��

I dont have a problem...I hope houses go up another 500%. When it comes time for retirement...show me the money! I am gone. This place is not the same when I was a kid. Overpopulated is an understatement!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

12. Member
    Yes it’s CRAZY, but it’s CRAZY everywhere!

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Yes it’s CRAZY, but it’s CRAZY everywhere!
    Florida has out paced the other states by a mile. Id gladly trade you Va growth over fl growth. 26 from i-4 to Lake whales ( about 20 miles) used to be orange groves. All gone and developers have made that place a congested 20 mile nightmare with traffic lights every other block. Ya can thank all the transplants. Used to be the best way to camp mack, now its a parking lot full of toxic license plates that read Oh, In, Nj, Pa, Mass, RI, Mi. Hate'm all. God they suck.

14. Member
    All those developments had to be approved in the first place. Thank your local/county commissioners for addressing housing solutions before considering infrastructure. But then again, if they built all the other stuff without the houses, demand would be significantly higher…and we know what super high demand does for housing prices.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

15. Banned

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Florida has out paced the other states by a mile. Id gladly trade you Va growth over fl growth. 26 from i-4 to Lake whales ( about 20 miles) used to be orange groves. All gone and developers have made that place a congested 20 mile nightmare with traffic lights every other block. Ya can thank all the transplants. Used to be the best way to camp mack, now its a parking lot full of toxic license plates that read Oh, In, Nj, Pa, Mass, RI, Mi. Hate'm all. God they suck.
    Yep

And orange juice prices are going through the roof because of it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
    And orange juice prices are going through the roof because of it.
    The weather killed most of the citrus after the freezes of '81 and '83....greening and canker took care of the rest. The development came after the groves became useless (very few other things grow well in the sugar sand soil) . I'm as anti- devolvement as they come but lets use facts. Lets also mention that it has been over 20 years since Florida had a Governor who gave a crap about the ecology or about the direction the state was heading. I fulfilled a childhood dream to move to Florida when I was 18, so I CHOSE to move here. In no way is it the state I moved to in 1974 but I wouldn't want to live any where else.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

18. Member
    clearly you’ve never been around Richmond, Norfolk or NOVA. Your Jacksonville is super rural compared to there LOL…. Guys, it’s happening everywhere. I live in the 2nd poorest county in MD, on purpose…. We have the most dirt roads on the east coast, and farms are rapidly turning into subdivisions. Shopping centers popping up everywhere!! Until people quit having sex, its what happens lol, the population just keeps growing!

19. Member
    Hampton Roads is just a dump….but not in the same category of crowding

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    Born here in FL. Absolutely sickening to see what our state is turning into. All the land that used to be off the Turpike, 429, in Lake county, etc. SICKENING!!! Developers turning rural areas into neighborhoods with zero lot lines. Places like John’s lake had all the beautiful land and cypress trees ripped out and replaced with zero lot line houses. Bought my house back in 2013. Insurance has quadrupled (literally) and property taxes have doubled, traffic is absolutely insane anywhere you go. Florida is no longer Florida anymore.
    @Triton420

Yup, Lake County has fallen, it's over. Parents moved to Haines Creek 20 years ago from Pensacola. My first time visiting them was the furthest I'd been south of Gainesville. Couldn't believe how good the fishing was seemingly everywhere you went around there. Now i go back and its just unrecognizable. And the fishing? I don't even bother taking my boat anymore

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast