Thread: Housing market

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just got back from a two week vacation at my parents place on the Harris Chain and it's alarming to see the amount of homes being built in and around that area. Don't know how that can keep up for any amount of time. I heard a statistic from the news station down there that 1500 people are moving to that area per week. Crazy. Love the fishing down there though.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

2. Member
    Sounds like Florida sucks to live there. Glad we only spend a month or two there, then head back north to do some serious fishing.

btw we drive right thru Jackassville and have never even considered stopping in that hell hole……LOL

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Sounds like Florida sucks to live there. Glad we only spend a month or two there, then head back north to do some serious fishing.

btw we drive right thru Jackassville and have never even considered stopping in that hell hole……LOL
    That's OK, because if prices of rentals keep going up, hopefully, you will no longer be able to afford to come down, which will raise the IQ level of the state. And if you want "serious" fishing, why don't you stay up north if it's so good. I mean, why bother driving down here when you can stop in Ohio or at the very least, go all the way to Miami, you will fit right in with them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    That's OK, because if prices of rentals keep going up, hopefully, you will no longer be able to afford to come down, which will raise the IQ level of the state. And if you want "serious" fishing, why don't you stay up north if it's so good. I mean, why bother driving down here when you can stop in Ohio or at the very least, go all the way to Miami, you will fit right in with them.
    I no longer ice fish and I don’t bother to fish in Florida. As far rental prices, they only go up as high as the traffic will bare, so no problem as far as we are concerned.

Miami, do you mean the new Cuba………LOL

5. Banned
    Or you can stop in Palm Beach which is little New York, you will fit right in with them. Oh, by the way, the word is "bear" not " bare". Talk about lower IQ.... lol

6. Member
    Or you can stop in Palm Beach which is little New York, you will fit right in with them. Oh, by the way, the word is "bear" not " bare". Talk about lower IQ.... lol
    Well, some of those people on I-4 and the turnpike are actually bare naked. Just sayin!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

Now you know why we don't like Yankees, they always get things backwards.....lol
    Besides, if it's so good up there, why are they wanting to move down here. You don't hear anyone say " When I retire, I'm moving up north" do you?
    Acually people do, just not all the way back. They call them halfbacks. They don't move all the way back to the north from Florida, just to Tennessee.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
    Haha!! Lived in PB County for over 60 years and my Great Grandfather was born here in the 1880s so I probably know a little more about it than you. For one thing Boca is basically Fort Lauderdale nothing like the north end of the county. I grew up in Lake Worth and it was all surfing and fishing growing up. And if you weren't a local you weren't surfing the good spots. Yes it's changed, lots of transplants but I'll take it any day over that shithole Jacksonville. We still have farms. ranches and woods we can go to, so being a tourist from up there you didn't get to see any of that being in Boca and hanging in town.
    I caught some really nice waves down there, its just the window to catch a swell is much smaller than N Fl due to offshore obstacles. The water is much cleaner. When it did catch a sizeable N swell it was thick. Surfed a reef at Singer Island that was fun. Kicked out at low water and put a hole in my board. O'well i had a few sticks but yea caught some really nice clean waves
    Dont surf no more, got old and way out of shape. Few places further N also but beach access was way way more limited there than here.

9. Member
    I'm sure Palm Beach is a lovely area but it's on the Atlantic side of Florida and sometimes has much cooler temps than the Gulf side or the interior of your state.

We'll be in Kissimmee area soon so not too far from you. How about you showing me the biggest and best Bass Fishing your state has to offer. Then I can maybe give your stomping grounds a more glowing fishing report.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Well, some of those people on I-4 and the turnpike are actually bare naked. Just sayin!
    They must be doing something on that God Forbidden highway. I try to avoid that road at all cost if possible.

11. Member
    They must be doing something on that God Forbidden highway. I try to avoid that road at all cost if possible.
    The backups get a little lengthy, and they are especially frequent with the snowbirds in season.

I had to explain to my FIVE year old the people in the old Civic in a mall parking lot were “exercising” because they couldn’t afford a gym
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    The backups get a little lengthy, and they are especially frequent with the snowbirds in season.

I had to explain to my FIVE year old the people in the old Civic in a mall parking lot were “exercising” because they couldn’t afford a gym
    HEY, I resemble that remark.........LOL

13. Banned
    I'm sure Palm Beach is a lovely area but it's on the Atlantic side of Florida and sometimes has much cooler temps than the Gulf side or the interior of your state.

We'll be in Kissimmee area soon so not too far from you. How about you showing me the biggest and best Bass Fishing your state has to offer. Then I can maybe give your stomping grounds a more glowing fishing report.
    Sorry, but that will never happen, nice try though!! I actually laughed out loud when I read that .

14. Member
    Sorry, but that will never happen, nice try though!! I actually laughed out loud when I read that .
    Awww……… . . . LOL

15. Member
    We need a wall built along the Georgia/Florida border to control immigration

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Have you given serious thought of Annexation . . . . LOL

well, you would be surprised at what Jacksonville has to offer and I lived in every region in Florida, North East Florida is by far the best.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Great idea. Better yet, build it north of the Mason Dixon

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    well, you would be surprised at what Jacksonville has to offer and I lived in every region in Florida, North East Florida is by far the best.
    I’m sure it’s beautiful there…..I’m just pulling his chain. . .

20. Member
    Better yet, build it north of the Mason Dixon
    Fantastic Idea ! ! ! That will keep all the illegals from coming north to God's Country

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast