Thread: Housing market

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You guys is funny, get off my lawn LOL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Florida has out paced the other states by a mile. Id gladly trade you Va growth over fl growth. 26 from i-4 to Lake whales ( about 20 miles) used to be orange groves. All gone and developers have made that place a congested 20 mile nightmare with traffic lights every other block. Ya can thank all the transplants. Used to be the best way to camp mack, now its a parking lot full of toxic license plates that read Oh, In, Nj, Pa, Mass, RI, Mi. Hate'm all. God they suck.
    You do know you are blaming the wrong people for your hated problems. It's Florida land owners who are selling out for $$$$$ and Florida developers selling developed land for $$$$$. With out those two FLORIDA residents cashing out, your state would still be run by alligators and big mouth bass.

3. Member
    Yankees are the devil.��
    Just this past Sunday I seen adds in the paper up here where realtors are running tour busses to Florida to hopeful buyers. I'm guessing it's aiming at mostly seniors up here who have extra money and are sick of snow and cold weather.

I might have to consider this next year.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Just this past Sunday I seen adds in the paper up here where realtors are running tour busses to Florida to hopeful buyers. I'm guessing it's aiming at mostly seniors up here who have extra money and are sick of snow and cold weather.

I might have to consider this next year.
    Better hurry because soon you may not be able to afford it. And if you do, make sure you stay all summer so you can get the full experience, but don't bother if you are looking for the fishing because it's going downhill fast due to mismanagemant. .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Better hurry because soon you may not be able to afford it. And if you do, make sure you stay all summer so you can get the full experience, but don't bother if you are looking for the fishing because it's going downhill fast due to mismanagemant. .
    Affording the property wouldn't be a issue for us but I would never move to that Summer Hell Hole.......my god the heat.....LOL
    Nice place to visit for a month or two but I would never consider living there year round. I have no idea how you natives endure it for 6+ months a year.

As far as fishing, everything I hear it's pretty good if you are a bass chaser but our fishing is much better here and a lot more well rounded for my likings.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos81 View Post
    clearly you’ve never been around Richmond, Norfolk or NOVA. Your Jacksonville is super rural compared to there LOL…. Guys, it’s happening everywhere. I live in the 2nd poorest county in MD, on purpose…. We have the most dirt roads on the east coast, and farms are rapidly turning into subdivisions. Shopping centers popping up everywhere!! Until people quit having sex, its what happens lol, the population just keeps growing!
    Same thing happening here in North Alabama. Cotton farms and hunting lands are turning into single family subdivisions and apartments. Last year US News and World Report ranked Huntsville AL as the No. 1 metro area in their Best Places to Live in the U.S. Lot of migration from other states due to the job market and the cost of living though that is probably going to change for the worse. Traffic is getting more congested and the infrastructure isnt keeping up. It is what it is!
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

7. Member
    Hey I grew up there this has been going on for 60 years .I'm in Carolina now and lake Murray parking lot is now full all the time nothing but million dollar home which was pretty decent since I owned a small cabin on it for 40 years and made a killing at retirement. Florida has always been very local territoral and I always hear one in here hating on everyone but I remember the day when if his truck and trailer was from just another county's he'd of had a brick threw his window or glue all the door locks shut so to the real hard core he's not welcome just out of own County and I dont know but I think that's why the County isn't on the tags anymore vandalism .I can guarantee you those country boys in south Florida don't want to see any Yankee from Jacksonville cause he's considered a Yankee to them.lol

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    The weather killed most of the citrus after the freezes of '81 and '83....greening and canker took care of the rest. The development came after the groves became useless (very few other things grow well in the sugar sand soil) . I'm as anti- devolvement as they come but lets use facts. Lets also mention that it has been over 20 years since Florida had a Governor who gave a crap about the ecology or about the direction the state was heading. I fulfilled a childhood dream to move to Florida when I was 18, so I CHOSE to move here. In no way is it the state I moved to in 1974 but I wouldn't want to live any where else.
    WRONG WRONG WRONG. Not long ago 7-10 years ago it was nothing but orange groves for as far as you could see going down 27. Bright green trees in rows that ran into the sunset. Now, just 10 years later home dept, walmart and mr retired yankee. Adam Sandler said it best in Happy Gilmore...GO HOME, GO HOME!!!!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    Hey I grew up there this has been going on for 60 years .I'm in Carolina now and lake Murray parking lot is now full all the time nothing but million dollar home which was pretty decent since I owned a small cabin on it for 40 years and made a killing at retirement. Florida has always been very local territoral and I always hear one in here hating on everyone but I remember the day when if his truck and trailer was from just another county's he'd of had a brick threw his window or glue all the door locks shut so to the real hard core he's not welcome just out of own County and I dont know but I think that's why the County isn't on the tags anymore vandalism .I can guarantee you those country boys in south Florida don't want to see any Yankee from Jacksonville cause he's considered a Yankee to them.lol
    Well, lets see here. I'm 52 and have been fishing for fun and tx's all up and down the state since i was oh say around 10. Never experienced this. And i know a pile of locals. Yea they feel the same way i do. Just for your info... Jax up to recently was considered anything but yank. Went to college in Boca and when i said yea im from jax, they were like man thats all redneck. South Fl sucked, even then i hated dealing with all those northiners. First week i got there for school, I remember walking into a dunkin donuts owned by this new yorker. Im going through all the different donuts and he says hurry up or i wont serve ya. I told him to f$!#k off. Thats how half the population was in west palm. Rudest people i ever met. Ive hated them ever since.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 02-07-2023 at 12:47 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    The weather killed most of the citrus after the freezes of '81 and '83....greening and canker took care of the rest. The development came after the groves became useless (very few other things grow well in the sugar sand soil) . I'm as anti- devolvement as they come but lets use facts. Lets also mention that it has been over 20 years since Florida had a Governor who gave a crap about the ecology or about the direction the state was heading. I fulfilled a childhood dream to move to Florida when I was 18, so I CHOSE to move here. In no way is it the state I moved to in 1974 but I wouldn't want to live any where else.
    Sounds like a John Anderson song. There are still a few groves in Highlands county. A few though are now solar panel groves.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

11. Member
    Well, lets see here. I'm 52 and have been fishing for fun and tx's all up and down the state since i was oh say around 10. Never experienced this. And i know a pile of locals. Yea they feel the same way i do. Just for your info... Jax up to recently was considered anything but yank. Went to college in Boca and when i said yea im from jax, they were like man thats all redneck. South Fl sucked, even then i hated dealing with all those northiners. First week i got there for school, I remember walking into a dunkin donuts owned by this new yorker. Im going through all the different donuts and he says hurry up or i wont serve ya. I told him to f$!#k off. Thats how half the population was in west palm. Rudest people i ever met. Ive hated them ever since.

Mauler when you speak it's just like the sewer opened up and the Sh_t goes everywhere, You don't know crap about Palm Beach County.

13. Member
    Florida has out paced the other states by a mile. Id gladly trade you Va growth over fl growth. 26 from i-4 to Lake whales ( about 20 miles) used to be orange groves. All gone and developers have made that place a congested 20 mile nightmare with traffic lights every other block. Ya can thank all the transplants. Used to be the best way to camp mack, now its a parking lot full of toxic license plates that read Oh, In, Nj, Pa, Mass, RI, Mi. Hate'm all. God they suck.
    My dad was a truck driver in the 70's and early 80's. The exit on 27 Haines City had almost nothing there. I went back to Plant City a couple weeks ago, and Orlando seems to stretch almost to 27. I remember in the late 70's Disney was way out of Orlando. It is a rat race down there now!!

14. Member
    Another up side for Florida is that the state’s IQ keeps increasing every time a Yankee moves there……….

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Another up side for Florida is that the state’s IQ keeps increasing every time a Yankee moves there……….
    Now you know why we don't like Yankees, they always get things backwards.....lol
    Besides, if it's so good up there, why are they wanting to move down here. You don't hear anyone say " When I retire, I'm moving up north" do you?
    Last edited by acesover; 02-16-2023 at 03:25 PM.

16. Member
    Now you know why we don't like Yankees, they always get things backwards.....lol
    Besides, if it's so good up there, why are they wanting to move down here. You don't hear anyone say " When I retire, I'm moving up north" do you?
    LOL……..

17. Member
    There are a couple I know who went farther north.....UP and North Woods of Wisconsin etc. It does not happen often but more that you would think it would.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hogzilla View Post
    Mauler when you speak it's just like the sewer opened up and the Sh_t goes everywhere, You don't know crap about Palm Beach County.
    Awe... Did someone get thier panties hurt??? You know you can always fly home. Snowbirds dont have to stay!!!

By the way... Went to college down there for a year and it sucked. Nothing but concrete structures, strip malls, yankees and housing developments. Traffic... Good god, keep it there. Good luck finding a 100 year oak tree. Also... The surf sucked. Flat 3/4 of the year. Spent a year in the palm beach area hogzilla. Just to go to the beach, I had to get a pass or pay a fee to park. Funnelled into limited beach access like sardines or sheep. F$!#k that. West Palm, whew aint nothing but a detached portion of NY. This was 25 years ago. It only has gotten worse. Wife and i saw a band called "The Cure" down there a few years back and you couldnt even park your car cause all the skyscrapers. It was like being an ant in a colony having to stay in line. Take that shit and shove it in your sewer... South Florida is trash. Overcrowded and its far and few between when you actually meet someone born there. Give me neighbourhoods made from brick not stucko. Houses that trees overhanging roofs!
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 02-21-2023 at 10:37 AM.

19. Member
    Awe... Did someone get thier panties hurt??? You know you can always fly home. Snowbirds dont have to stay!!!

By the way... Went to college down there for a year and it sucked. Nothing but concrete structures, strip malls, yankees and housing developments. Traffic... Good god, keep it there. Good luck finding a 100 year oak tree. Also... The surf sucked. Flat 3/4 of the year. Spent a year in the palm beach area hogzilla. Just to go to the beach, I had to get a pass or pay a fee to park. Funnelled into limited beach access like sardines or sheep. F$!#k that. West Palm, whew aint nothing but a detached portion of NY. This was 25 years ago. It only has gotten worse. Wife and i saw a band called "The Cure" down there a few years back and you couldnt even park your car cause all the skyscrapers. It was like being an ant in a colony having to stay in line. Take that shit and shove it in your sewer... South Florida is trash. Overcrowded and its far and few between when you actually meet someone born there. Give me neighbourhoods made from brick not stucko. Houses that trees overhanging roofs!
    Haha!! Lived in PB County for over 60 years and my Great Grandfather was born here in the 1880s so I probably know a little more about it than you. For one thing Boca is basically Fort Lauderdale nothing like the north end of the county. I grew up in Lake Worth and it was all surfing and fishing growing up. And if you weren't a local you weren't surfing the good spots. Yes it's changed, lots of transplants but I'll take it any day over that shithole Jacksonville. We still have farms. ranches and woods we can go to, so being a tourist from up there you didn't get to see any of that being in Boca and hanging in town.
    Last edited by hogzilla; 02-21-2023 at 11:37 AM.

20. Banned
    Palm Beach is little New York. And it ain't a nice place to live because it is either very high dollar or very run down. But it is close the good fishing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast