Thread: Ozzy is done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    He’s had a great run and has done a lot for Rock!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    I think that was the tour I saw Ozzy on also. Alice in Chains opened and they were great but Ozzy's antics onstage were embarrassing. It was like a bad SNL skit of an over the top lead singer trying to rile up the crowd. Zakk was great though.
    He has definitely put out some great music but there hasn't been much worth listening to since the 90's.
    Interesting, I didn’t pick up on that, I thought he put on a pretty solid performance. I remember Layne Staley walking onto stage that night with a crutch and a cast on his leg and did the full set, I already liked them but that earned my respect, and they sounded incredible! Cantrell is massively underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    They found the right cocktail of drugs and alcohol to pickle them into being somewhat immortal...or they died years ago and their head is on a robot body...
    Ozzy is living proof of the health benefits that come from eating live bats.

4. Member
    Saw him in Nuremburg in 1984. He was pretty much done then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassjam2000 View Post
    Interesting, I didn’t pick up on that, I thought he put on a pretty solid performance. I remember Layne Staley walking onto stage that night with a crutch and a cast on his leg and did the full set, I already liked them but that earned my respect, and they sounded incredible! Cantrell is massively underrated.
    Yep. Layne had wrecked a 3 wheeler earlier and was asking the crowd for pain relief, LOL. After the show there was a fight at the gate and the next day the news was reported there was a riot at the Ozzy show. You know because it's Ozzy- he caused a riot!

6. Member
    Wish I had seen Layne with AIC
    Red Sox in 6!

7. Member
    Saw him in a junior high school gymnansium in Dubuque IA with Black Sabbath in 1972. It was a strange concert. more like a party. kegs of beer in the back for free beer. people walked all around. you could easily walk up front any time. There was a haze of MJ hanging over the crowd. Private guards were at all the entrances to not let anyone else in after the concert started. Never been to a concert like that before. A private party with the OZZ and black Sabbath.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Looks like the Prince of Darkness can no longer physically manage the rigors of touring and travel. I saw him once, about 6 weeks before Randy was killed in St Louis. I crawled up a big snowbank and peered into the side window of the tour bus, and there was Ozzy sitting on the couch. When I thumped up against the window to look in, he looked up and right at me. The due had the deadest eyes I had ever seen, like nobody home. Or maybe I was just an impressionable teenage kid and read too many stories about the madman who bit heads off of live animals.

Anyway. He made some great music over the years. And turns out he was really just this slightly off kilter eccentric Englishmen with a twitch. The world wont be the same without Oz on tour or making music in it.
    The world will be just fine without this egomaniac.

"He'll never live in America again...unless he needs the healthcare"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12