2007 Puma DC Repower

I’m going to repower my 2007 Puma from a 2007 250 Pro XS 2S to a new 250 Pro XS 4S. Does anyone know the difference in length to the back of the motor cowling between the 2 engines? I keep the boat in my garage but only have a few inches in the front and rear. I’d like to be comfortable that the boat will fit with the new engine. Also, and more importantly, I ran a 26 pitch 3 blade Fury on the 2 stroke. At 5850 rpm GPS speed was 76-77 mph. What is Basscat’s recommendation for the best option for the 4S prop? Any other items I should watch for? I have a hydraulic plate so can work with engine height for best hole shot, rough water ride and top end speed. Thanks in advance for the BCB Family’s help

On that rig we would think a 24 Fury, though it’s possible with the belly tank it would perform better with the 23 Fury.

I would like to know the answer on hight too.

have one one order and like you a very tight fit under garage door.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaAl View Post
    I’m going to repower my 2007 Puma from a 2007 250 Pro XS 2S to a new 250 Pro XS 4S. Does anyone know the difference in length to the back of the motor cowling between the 2 engines? I keep the boat in my garage but only have a few inches in the front and rear. I’d like to be comfortable that the boat will fit with the new engine.
    I'm in same situation, with 2005 Puma and Opti 225 Pro XS.....if/when I need a new motor, concerned that the new Opti Pro XS 4 Stroke will fit in garage, depth wise.
    I don't want to bump the garage out, buy may have to, to accommodate extra length in new engine..... I'd love to hear from anyone who made a similar change....

I repowered my 2008 Cougar FTD last summer with a 4 stroke merc and Im running a 24 Fury 77 mph at 6040 RPM . My boat is loaded pretty heavy and Im guessing it may run a little better with the 23 fury but still performs great on bottom and top end with the 24 . The difference in hole shot and mid range from 2 stroke to 4 is stupid , your gonna be amazed the first time you stand on that hot foot from a dead stop and run it up to around 60 mph ! My 4 strokes mid range feels like a sports car to me .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. My boat does not have poles and I only run 3 batteries. However I do carry a lot of stuff in the boat. Thinking for hole shot and shallower water a 23 Fury 3 blade might be my choice. Still wondering about the difference in length and height of the 4 stroke engine cowling versus the 2 stroke. If anyone has insight on that I would be interested to know.