MegaLive 1.20 Update with Ultrex Transducer?

My ML been doing great with 2.76 and 1.17 so I am not updating yet but have a request. I use my Ultrex MDI built-in transducer as my sonar source on my Bow Units. I occasionally get a Sonar Pulse arc on my ML but not a lot. I saw one of the improvements in the ML 1.20 is reduction of sonar interference from various Transducers. If anyone using Built-in Ultrex transducer as their Sonar source and have updated to 1.20 could you report back if update helped you with interference? I not wanting to update unless there is indeed transducer interference reduction with an Ultrex.

Thanks

2. Member
    I run the Ultrex MDI transducer and a Mega 360 with the Y cable. I did this after the last update to try and help stop the pulses that were horrible. This helped eliminate a lot of the pulses but not all. I can say that after this update to the ML and Ultrex all the issues with pulses are gone! I believe they have also fixed some issues with their network. I was very disappointed with Humminbird after the last update but I can say this update to ML and control heads has fixed many issues and improved ML. I believe ML is now more balanced like it was when it first came out. I'm very happy!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Quote Originally Posted by RonH54 View Post
    My ML been doing great with 2.76 and 1.17 so I am not updating yet but have a request. I use my Ultrex MDI built-in transducer as my sonar source on my Bow Units. I occasionally get a Sonar Pulse arc on my ML but not a lot. I saw one of the improvements in the ML 1.20 is reduction of sonar interference from various Transducers. If anyone using Built-in Ultrex transducer as their Sonar source and have updated to 1.20 could you report back if update helped you with interference? I not wanting to update unless there is indeed transducer interference reduction with an Ultrex.

Thanks
    Whether you use the Minnkota or Humminbird transducer for 2D/DI makes no difference. It's the frequencies that cross-talk.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL