Kentucky Lake, etc.

By way of tournament results I've seen, it appears Ky Lake fishing is improving. 1) Would you think it could be worth a 3 1/2 hour drive this spring for a little two day adventure? 2) Is there another lake similar distance from St. Louis where a smallmouth dummy might have a realistic chance of catching some brown fish? Thanks

2. Member
    ive been wondering the same thing-ky lake worth trip yet or not

3. Member
    Ky lake is starting to get better, but a lot of people around here are going to Pickwick.

4. Member
    Local winter tournament trail last weekend drew only 4 boats out of Paris Tn. I suppose due to weather? I saw the results today 3 of the 4 teams had more than 17 lbs. Winning bag was 24 lbs. 2 weekends ago same small circuit drew 30 plus boats same weight to win. Multiple 17-20 bags down the field. Those bags.. both events at least 50% smallies. I'm sure they'll (smallmouth) will get a little tougher to catch after they spawn. But, right now its on here for smallmouth. I last fished there late September for a club classic. Tough bite as usual in fall on a Tn river lake.. However, what amazed me is how many bites we were getting from from non-keeper bass. several dozen shorts each day. That just wasn't happening 2 years ago. The lake is definitely starting to pick up in my opinion. It's not where it was 10 years ago and the fish have definitely changed the way they operate, but the numbers are coming. I think the future will be much brighter, and pretty soon.

5. Member
    Good to hear about the dinks. You are right. They have not been around for years. Hopefully good sign