Boat bling hot sauce strip wax?

I know this topic is beat to death, but just wondering what everyone’s opinion is on if this product strips wax or not? I know they claim it doesn’t, but that vinegar scent really makes me leery.

I used to use Lucas speed wax. I like the product, but it does take some extra buffing and towels to clean the haze off imo. Figured I’d try hot sauce as it cleans and wipes great, but I’m a little suspect of it not stripping wax and if the sealant in the product actually works.

Normally when I wash my boat is use mckees 37, spray on hose off ceramic. Great results so far, seems decently long lasting but hoping that hot sauce doesn’t strip it between washes.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    I used to use the Boat Bling products and always thought they done a good job. I think as long as you wax the boat a couple times a year you'll be fine. I say used to use because I have now switched to ProTec products and feel they do an even better job. I would def recommend them if you're looking for a new product
    Last edited by tablerockslinger; 02-03-2023 at 04:18 PM.
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tablerockslinger View Post
    I used to use the Boat Bling products and always thought they done a good job. I think as long as you wax the boat a couple times a year you'll be fine. I say used to use because I have now switched to Pro-Tec products and feel they done an even better job. I would def recommend them if you're looking for a new product
    Do you use that pro-tec showroom spray bottle when you wipe down at the ramp?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Do you use that pro-tec showroom spray bottle when you wipe down at the ramp?
    yes
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

5. Member
    I am simply not going to answer your question as I do not know. What I will tell you though is I believe Tablerockslinger is on the right path. By that I mean as someone in the auto field for over 30 years something I learned to value is same company products. Me personally for the boat and my cars finish I like Turtlewax. I like the ceramic finish and the spray detailer. Yearly I buff and prep and use 3m products for that. My point though is that I find it beneficial to use the same company line, whether its the best out there or not is opinion, but I know they will all work together, and not cause any negative issues. So like Tablerockslinger, use the protec products and you will get results. If you start to mix and match, it can be more difficult. Some can be mixed of course, but I prefer to know it will work. Of course this is just an opinion.

6. Member
    Nobody uses hot sauce for primary wipe down? Just curious as it works great for quick cleaning, just doesn’t really have that wax feel afterwards like some other products.

7. Member
    I've used it in a black hull with great results. According to them it does not strip wax. The smell is a bit vinegar like, but from what I've read that smell is acetic acid, not vinegar.

https://blingsauce.com/products/hot-...15995708178466

8. Member
    I have been using Jit Sauce for years. Love the stuff. Nice clean and wax to start the season and all in use it Hot Sauce for wiping down the rest of the year until I put her away for the winter, repeat each spring.

when I lived in Vegas, by boat was in a marina in lake mead. No overhead cover. Good wax and wiped down after every trip and kept my boat looking new even being out in the hot sun for years. I won’t use anything else. But I like it and use it. Everyone has their own preference.

Does it strip off wax? In my experience no. But it was created by guys in Phoenix who dealt with the sun and hard water in the southwest and that’s why I started using it.

9. Member
    Keep in mind Hot sauce is a water spot remover. That’s it. It doesn’t provide any UV protection or helps prevent future scum lines. I’ve used it before and within a couple days you could tell the boat Didn’t keep the shine so I’d have to go over it again. Switched to slick mist and threw the hot sauce bottle away that was 3/4 full. Slick mist removes water spots, provides a quick wax with UV protection, prevents scum lines and is cheaper.

If you just want a water spot remover or something to help with scum lines then it’s great. But it’s not a detailer
    Last edited by ECobb91; 02-07-2023 at 06:27 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Keep in mind Hot sauce is a water spot remover. That’s it. It doesn’t provide any UV protection or helps prevent future scum lines. I’ve used it before and within a couple days you could tell the boat Didn’t keep the shine so I’d have to go over it again. Switched to slick mist and threw the hot sauce bottle away that was 3/4 full. Slick mist removes water spots, provides a quick wax with UV protection, prevents scum lines and is cheaper.

If you just want a water spot remover or something to help with scum lines then it’s great. But it’s not a detailer
    I think the slick mist is pretty good, just don’t think it works well as a water spot remover / cleaner. Plus I’ve found it requires quite a few towels to buff out. The lifespan seems fairly short on it as well. Good point on no uv protection though.

With the above responses I think I’ll continue to use hot sauce as a quick wipe down product. If I have time or it’s been a while I’ll follow up with slick mist or that boat bling quickie sauce (came with the hot sauce kit haven’t tried it yet). And when I wash I usually use that mckees spray on hose off SiO2 product, been impressed with that and will continue as it’s so easy to use.

11. Member
    I think the slick mist is pretty good, just don’t think it works well as a water spot remover / cleaner. Plus I’ve found it requires quite a few towels to buff out. The lifespan seems fairly short on it as well. Good point on no uv protection though.

With the above responses I think I’ll continue to use hot sauce as a quick wipe down product. If I have time or it’s been a while I’ll follow up with slick mist or that boat bling quickie sauce (came with the hot sauce kit haven’t tried it yet). And when I wash I usually use that mckees spray on hose off SiO2 product, been impressed with that and will continue as it’s so easy to use.
    Th quickie sauce is similar to a wax. Ive been using their products for over a year and have always had good results. Did a clean down of my boat sunday in the garage. used the hot sauce as a primary cleaner, then used the quickie sauce for a wax coating afterwards, I will try to post a pic of the results.
    boat.jpg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGHUNT14 View Post
    Th quickie sauce is similar to a wax. Ive been using their products for over a year and have always had good results. Did a clean down of my boat sunday in the garage. used the hot sauce as a primary cleaner, then used the quickie sauce for a wax coating afterwards, I will try to post a pic of the results.
    boat.jpg
    Good to know, will have to try the quick wax one of these days. I wasn’t sure if I’d use it, as if I wash the boat I usually use that rinse off wax, and if I’m taking the time to apply wax I think using a buffer to spread it is likely easier than using quickie wax, but I’ll give it a shot when I’m on the road and don’t have access to a buffer.

I’ve used the hot sauce a couple times now, and really like it as a wipe down tool, and it seems to actually leave a small amount of sealant behind. Went ahead and ordered a gallon, I think I’ll use it every wipe down.

13. Member

With the above responses I think I’ll continue to use hot sauce as a quick wipe down product.....

I've had the same experience with slickmist and have done the same using hot sauce as my daily wipe down.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I've had the same experience with slickmist and have done the same using hot sauce as my daily wipe down.
    Good to hear. Like I said I like slick mist, smells great and seems to leave a nice finish. That said not great at water spots or cleaning scum lines, and I don't like needing 4 towels to do a wipedown and completely buff the haze out.