2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS Impeller

Hey everyone I'm looking for the correct part number for the water pump/impeller kit for a 2016 250 Pro XS, SN:2B126114, It also has the torquemaster 2 gearcase.
    TIA

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Depends on whether you need impeller + gaskets, complete kit without housing, or complete kit WITH housing.

In most cases, without housing is suitable. 8M0100526 or 8M0100527 (one is Mercury, one is Quicksilver, same kit).

Note: 43026T2 is the impeller only (would require gaskets at a minimum in addition to that part number).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don. Was definitely planning on just buying with the housing since the motor is new to me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Depends on whether you need impeller + gaskets, complete kit without housing, or complete kit WITH housing.

In most cases, without housing is suitable. 8M0100526 or 8M0100527 (one is Mercury, one is Quicksilver, same kit).

Note: 43026T2 is the impeller only (would require gaskets at a minimum in addition to that part number).
    So would 817275A09 be the complete kit I’m looking for?

5. Member
    has upper seal carrier prob dont need that , ones DON suggested would be better
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Click this link and contact Rhonda to order from European Marine, you will get the correct part -
    If you want to order or price Mercury Engine Parts or Accessories

_______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    I was thinking of suggesting he ask boats.net... But that would have been a little catty...... LOL
    A forum’s purpose is for the asking and answering of questions. In the case that this wasn’t clear, now you know. A simple clarification question was asked in an effort to ensure the correct part gets ordered to save time on my end. If you have nothing constructive or helpful to bring to the table I’m not sure why you joined the conversation.

8. Member
    While true, we usually refrain from using or recommending retailers who are not sponsors. And especially not asking a sponsor if you have the correct part number to go buy from a competitor. If that was not your intention, I apologize. If you want the correct part and advice on parts, it’s only fair to buy it from the source of the info. Just my opinion.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

9. Member
    a shim type gasket is now used under wear plate for this type water pump
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ej23tyson View Post
    A forum’s purpose is for the asking and answering of questions. In the case that this wasn’t clear, now you know. A simple clarification question was asked in an effort to ensure the correct part gets ordered to save time on my end. If you have nothing constructive or helpful to bring to the table I’m not sure why you joined the conversation.
    That, my friend is uncalled for. Please take a moment to read the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and FOLLOW THEM. You agreed to do so the first time you posted in the forums!

We are always happy to assist you, but it's unfair to those sponsors who PAY to make the forums possible for you to be referencing and promoting "non-sponsors" while asking for free assistance at the same time.

I've been out for a few days- not sure why someone didn't mention that but am back now.

Please play nice with those who help out here- what was said to you was definitely done in a kind and courteous manner. Your response... not so much, though.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor