Lifepo4 Batteries ... Bluetooth v LCD v nothing

So I've been doing waaaay too much research on Lifepo4 batteries for my trolling motor. (36v 112 Ultrex) I currently have some Flooded Cell Deka Marine Masters (I need to check and see if they are 27s or 31s) that have done a solid job for 4 seasons minus a few long and/or windy days that had me wishing for a little more. I feel very strongly that I could get by 97% of the time with good 50ah Lifepo4s but have decided I want 60-100ah. Besides ah and brand, the biggest question I have relates to battery life indication. I've fished for years without anything to indicate battery life. Why should I spend extra on a Lifepo4 battery with a LCD battery life indicator or even more on one with a bluetooth app? Especially if I buy a battery with more than 60ah that I probably won't come close to fully discharging but maybe once a year (more likely once every 2-3 years).

2. Member
    If it does not empty your piggy bank you could just go for 50% more than you could ever use and not worry about it. As long as you have a charger that you can count on, no maintenance is required. I did just that. I will check the voltage now and then with a meter just to keep in touch. I bought mine before any Bluetooths were around. If I bought now I would lean towards a bluetooth battery I could trust. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

I have 2 trolling and one dedicated electronics battery. All are in the bottom the center rod locker. 2 have LCD and 1 has bluetooth. I can tap my LCDs and get a reading faster than waiting for the app on the phone to open. In other words, if your batteries are in a convenient location, LCDs would be the way to go.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

Peace of mind knowing your batteries really are charged and how charged are they rather than looking at a led on a charger that may or may not be correct.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Anymore a quality lithium will come with bluetooth. What's most important in my mind would be warranty. With BBC discount we have a very affordable 60ah with the best warranty of any lithium on the market. 15 years with 10 years NO PRORATION. Our 60 ah 12 volt batteries are priced (with bbc discount) phenomenal for what your getting as well as warranty. Feel free to contact me for discount pricing
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-04-2023 at 09:08 AM.

6. Member
    For me, it wasn't about life in a day, but more about do I really need to charge after a trip, especially if at a camp where charging isn't exactly easy. I added a shunt to mine because I didn't consider this when I purchased. What I learned was, I never get under 80% in one trip. So, I know I can go multiple trips without charging. Because I go on very few long runs, it's actually my crank battery that forces me to charge.